Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · ***UPDATE***Is it worth repairing a 40D these days?

Shutterbug2006
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · ***UPDATE***Is it worth repairing a 40D these days?

I love it when problems are solved. Even more when fixes are cheap and effective.

Kudo's to you Mike Sowsun for spotting this thread and contributing a possible, and ultimately, THE solution.

Love all you FM'ers. You all rock.

May 08, 2014 at 05:18 PM
wsheldon
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · ***UPDATE***Is it worth repairing a 40D these days?

Awesome! I'll need to keep that in mind for my old 50D in case that happens. Congrats on getting your 40D back to service.

May 08, 2014 at 05:36 PM
timgriffin
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · ***UPDATE***Is it worth repairing a 40D these days?

AT least it gave me an excuse to move to a 7D in the mean time

Just need to decide what to do with the 40D now. I guess I'll trade or sell it. It doesn't have that many miles on it and I'm not really serious enough into the hobby to need backup bodies and whatnot...

May 08, 2014 at 06:12 PM
2Ropes

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · ***UPDATE***Is it worth repairing a 40D these days?

I just moved up to a 7D from my 30D and decided to give me 30D to my daughter. I'm just waiting for funds to pick up a lens to put on it for her. Looked at selling but there are a ton of them for sale so by the time you eBay it with the fees it's not even worth the trouble. You may do better just donating it to a charitable cause.

May 10, 2014 at 06:29 AM
Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · ***UPDATE***Is it worth repairing a 40D these days?

Nice fix......I wouldn't have ever thought about the rubber slipping on a plastic wheel........good suggestion and glad it worked!

May 10, 2014 at 07:05 AM
krementz
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · ***UPDATE***Is it worth repairing a 40D these days?

timgriffin wrote:
AT least it gave me an excuse to move to a 7D in the mean time

Just need to decide what to do with the 40D now. I guess I'll trade or sell it. It doesn't have that many miles on it and I'm not really serious enough into the hobby to need backup bodies and whatnot...

I'm just an amateur, but I really like having an extra body, especially in high risk areas, such as falling overboard or high crime areas. I also gave a camera to a friend.

May 10, 2014 at 08:39 AM
timgriffin
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · ***UPDATE***Is it worth repairing a 40D these days?

I'm just an amateur, but I really like having an extra body, especially in high risk areas, such as falling overboard or high crime areas. I also gave a camera to a friend.

You have a point there - I've gotten comfortable enough with my kayak to start taking a camera with me. Since I had already written it off I suppose the 40D could fill that role while also serving to save my 7D from a watery grave

May 10, 2014 at 09:21 AM
timgriffin
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · ***UPDATE***Is it worth repairing a 40D these days?

Herb wrote:
Nice fix......I wouldn't have ever thought about the rubber slipping on a plastic wheel........good suggestion and glad it worked!

Exactly - it never crossed my mind and I assumed that it was the switching mechanism that was broken. I love forums like this for the wealth of info that can be learned from others!

May 10, 2014 at 09:24 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.