Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New York Queensboro Bridge

Can't see it all. Needs to be resized.

May 07, 2014 at 01:06 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New York Queensboro Bridge

This isn't bad, but as the previous poster pointed out, it's a tad large for seeing all at once. My advice would be to bracket your long exposures and blend them together to compensate for the shortcomings of the sensor. And if you look closely, this image is almost straight, but not quite. Look at how the building on the far left is tilting in slightly. It's just enough to make the whole thing look off kilter. You'll be amazed at how much difference it makes when you straighten that so the verticals are indeed vertical.

May 07, 2014 at 01:14 PM
Peterk78
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New York Queensboro Bridge

Nice shot Mortalcombat! Thanks for sharing. I don't see any leaning on the left, personally. Maybe you'd want to clone out the bits intruding on the lower right of the image?

A little smaller will make it easier for most to view it, although by clicking on the image you can see it fit inside a black background. But, the guidelines set by FM are to post smaller.

May 07, 2014 at 01:49 PM
tntcorp
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New York Queensboro Bridge

great nightscape shot. thanks for sharing.

not at all a bad kit lens, night shots usually magnify lens imperfections, but i don't see much corner distortions. but the image does need a vertical alignment as mentioned by another fmer.

i believed for proper display of image on fm, the ideal size is 800ish x 600ish. for larger dimensions, windows users like me will have to use "crtl button + scroll wheel" to zoom out and see the full image.

also, the image appears bright. does the image reflect the actual brightness or did you advertently have a longer exposure to expose the detail in the shadow, i.e. structural beam underneath the bridge?

May 07, 2014 at 01:52 PM
mortalcombat

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New York Queensboro Bridge

Thanks guys.

First of all, I apologize for the size of the picture I just kept the original size.

For the exposure time, I used bulb mode so I just left it for a few minutes without really targeting a specific duration (I don't know if there is a way/how to calculate it the ideal duration)

As for the bracketing idea, I hadn't thought of that and had never tried it before. I'll definitely give it a try for my next night shoot

May 12, 2014 at 10:59 PM
elitefroggy
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New York Queensboro Bridge

Very nice shot and no problem viewing here. At first it was huge, but after finished downloading, it resized nicely so I could view the entire image with room to spare. The A6000 looks like a winner, at least in your hands.
Do you have one that includes the right end of the bridge? It looks a little strange hanging in mid air. Dave

May 12, 2014 at 11:14 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.