FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Looking to design new business cards

skasol
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Looking to design new business cards

Looking to design new business cards. I was dealing with a company that I didn't like their designing ideas so I am still looking to design new business cards. Who have u used for your own?

Thank u.

May 05, 2014 at 04:11 PM
MazeRunner
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Looking to design new business cards

MOO.com

May 06, 2014 at 12:43 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Looking to design new business cards

Get a local designer to help you. Unless you have a design background, doing them yourself might not be the best.

With that said, if you do design yourself, ask us for feedback before printing. I design my own, I have a degree in graphic design and still do design work professionally, and have used moo and a few other to print. Right now we are designing 3 simple cards for my business. 1. nice thick paper card we will hand out anytime we meet new connections or potential clients. 2. Either a plastic or vinyl card we will include in our packaging to our clients 3. a metal card we will hand to high profile vendors and clients that we want to do more business with.

Reasoning for the 3 cards.
They are all designed very similar and with the same contact info.
1. Paper cards are cheap and we can buy 1000's for cheap and it won't matter how many we hand out.
2. Plastic or Vinyl are a little more expensive and more elegant to go with our image and branding. This is why we include it in our packaging. These will go to customers only.
3. Metal is very expensive to get printed and therefore we are more restrictive on who we give these to. The ones we have handed out so far really made an impression on the potential client. Helped us land a sweet ongoing gig with a high end vendor.

We are thinking of doing a 4th that we might reveal soon that would be fun and edgy.

May 06, 2014 at 09:08 AM
skasol
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Looking to design new business cards

paparazzinick wrote:
Get a local designer to help you. Unless you have a design background, doing them yourself might not be the best.

With that said, if you do design yourself, ask us for feedback before printing. I design my own, I have a degree in graphic design and still do design work professionally, and have used moo and a few other to print. Right now we are designing 3 simple cards for my business. 1. nice thick paper card we will hand out anytime we meet new connections or potential clients. 2. Either a plastic or vinyl card we will include
...Show more

Thank you for your input. Yes I am interested in hiring someone to help with the design. That's what I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I like the 3 different card approach.

May 06, 2014 at 09:20 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.