Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Monthly Assignment 52 - Reflections
Deadline: September 1st noon UTC/GMT

MA Rules · Current entries

FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and...

gregfixit
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

To my grandchildren this was a very scary machine.
Good luck to all this month.

© gdgood photography 2014

hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

May 04, 2014 at 09:23 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

Nice shot, Greg!

What did you do for your background?

Jeff

May 06, 2014 at 08:31 AM
gregfixit
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

Thanks Jeff. I took a wide-angle photo of Mayo Clinic, applied a mosaic effect and did a gaussian blur. I then printed it 17x22 and taped it to the wall. I was going for an OOF lego city look.

May 06, 2014 at 10:31 AM
rongwam
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

Very creative shot, Greg!

May 06, 2014 at 06:29 PM
gregfixit
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

Thanks rongwam,
I had my 11 year old grandson help me with this. We had a bunch of shots in mind. It was great fun to spend 2 hours in the studio with him.
Greg

May 07, 2014 at 09:48 AM
teked
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

So is it a WMD, Greg? See you've got the creative juices flowing. Very cool.

Ed

May 07, 2014 at 09:51 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

"... No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

-- Auric Goldfinger

May 08, 2014 at 06:15 PM
gregfixit
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

Thanks Ed and Karen.
I had tried to create some photos, in a Lego theme, for the grandchildren. My oldest grandson, Owen, didn't like them and told me so. I told him if he didn't like them he should bring over some Legos and he can help me. This photo was the one we spent the most time on.
I think he is a very good art director.

May 09, 2014 at 07:30 AM
DianeinCR
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

I gotta say gregfixit, the face on that victim sure does look a lot like yours! Did you per chance put yourself in this shot

May 09, 2014 at 12:01 PM
pike40
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

Really like it Greg, very creative!

Mike

May 18, 2014 at 06:51 PM
pike40
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

AuntiPode wrote:
"... No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

-- Auric Goldfinger

May 18, 2014 at 06:52 PM
John Boyer
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

Where's Goldfinger? ;-) Thanks for sharing how you did it.

May 29, 2014 at 06:59 AM
gregfixit
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

Thanks Diane, Mike and John.
I asked my grandson if Lord Business (the villain in the movie) should be in the shot and he said for the scene we were doing, he shouldn't be included.

Owen was very specific about what this should look like.

Greg

May 29, 2014 at 07:40 AM
MaestroFresh

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

What a way to add to the theme. Very creative. Well done!

Jun 01, 2014 at 01:04 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

As a kid lego was my creative outlet. This is great!

Jun 02, 2014 at 02:54 AM
JVillPhoto1

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · #121 hi-tech, tilting, rotating laser machine with control dashboard and adjustable laser

Bokehlicious!

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:34 PM

FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.