New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Member PM help needed

Johnontheroad
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Member PM help needed

Although I have a long history on DPR and eBay, I am new here. I came here because I wanted a certain camera and lens that is on the buy/sell forum. However, as a new member, I can't respond. So if someone who is a full member can contact the seller with my info you would help two members -- one old and one new.

The seller is "photozero". If you could PM him for me and ask him to send an email to john at laninga dot com so I can close the deal it would be great. Thanks!

John

May 04, 2014 at 07:34 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Member PM help needed

Just so I have this correct...

You're asking members in good standing to knowingly assist you- someone who we have no personal history with- in circumventing a policy put in place by the owner of this website that's designed to protect us from unscrupulous people who have no regard for rules and morals?

Yeah, let me get right on that...

P.S. My comment is not meant to be personal, but the level of griping by new members about this policy has reached a ridiculous level. If all you want to do is buy or sell, just go to ebay while your account here "matures". So many adults whining about a policy and acting in rather adolescent manners to do anything to get by it... I guess it is the internet bringing the best (worst) out of people.

May 04, 2014 at 07:41 AM
Johnontheroad
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Member PM help needed

Note that I have am established at other sites, and am totally prepared to authenticate my interest. All I asked for was an introduction so that the seller -- who has already "lost" one sale -- could be alerted to my interest. At the same time, he has exactly the kit I wanted, and I have the funds to complete the purchase.

I understand the reasons behind the 25 rule, and in general am in favor of it. I had the same experience at Dyxum, where I was a member in good standing, and in fact bought and sold camera gear.

My alternative was to post a bunch of bogus posts just to get to 25. I started to do just that, felt bad about it, and reverted to this looking for an introduction. Since this appears to offend some I'll just withdraw my interest and look elsewhere.

== John

May 04, 2014 at 09:12 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.