FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · A wet Spruce Flats Falls

JimKied
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A wet Spruce Flats Falls

I spent the first day of my recent trip to GSMNP in the Tremont area. It was overcast and it rained periodically throughout the day. I had rain gear for that purpose and put it to good use. My first hike was to Spruce Flats Falls. While it is a short two mile round trip hike, I'm not sure where the flats part of the name came in because it was pretty much a upward hike the whole way, probably in the 450/500 feet elevation gain in the one mile one way trip in. I went in the morning early and I think I was probably the only one on the trail while I was there - at lest I did not see anyone else. As I arrived at the falls, the rain began falling pretty good - it wasn't a downpour, but enough to deal with protecting gear and deal with extremely slippery conditions.

The wet conditions also created a lot of reflections off rocks, leaves, etc. I was using a polarizer, but was not able to totally eliminate the glare. Appreciate any comments suggestions you may have.

May 04, 2014 at 06:27 AM
stanparker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A wet Spruce Flats Falls

It's a nice shot, Jim. I'll leave any suggestions to the experts. I remember that hike well, same reaction as yours.

May 04, 2014 at 08:37 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A wet Spruce Flats Falls

Hey Jim,

That is a nice scene. I think you did the best you could with all those wet rocks and leaves. The only thing to have done would have been to shoot it later when the clouds weren't reflecting that brighter light that is reflecting off of everything.

Jim

May 04, 2014 at 07:57 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.