New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Soman

Chumma
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Soman

I met Soman in a remote village in Kottayam district, Kerala state, India.

I was returning from a morning walk, after taking the picture of a local temple, when I saw Soman walking on the lonely road. Wearing a dhoti, a colored shirt, and a bag on his shoulder, he was on his way to work. Years ago, he used to work for the Indian Post and Telegraph as a mail carrier. Now he works for the local government. It looked like he had a laptop in his bag, but I didn’t ask.

Soman lives nearby with his wife. His elder brother passed away a couple of years ago from cancer, and his younger brother died of some unforeseen (and unfortunate) mishap.

Thanks for looking.

I would welcome any tips you may have to improve the results in these kinds of photography opportunities.

May 03, 2014 at 09:13 PM
flyrcairplanes

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Soman

My opinion (and I am not a pro). I think it is great that you not only got the shot but that you got to know him. On the first shot I would have tried to move him in front of a brighter part in the image to help seperate him. I might have not chopped his hands. Maybe just a little bit more light from underneath to help me see his eyes. His expression fits the mood of the lighting.

May 11, 2014 at 11:22 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.