Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Anyone put a Nikon 10.5mm on an alt camera?

mjbetch
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone put a Nikon 10.5mm on an alt camera?

I tried putting it on my X-T1, but the hood is visible in much of the photo. I guess the lens is just too wide. Could it possibly be the adapter? I have a cheap Fotasy N/G/Fx adapter I got off Amazon. Would the Metabones possibly remedy the issue? Or just the fact that the rear element distance is too far from the sensor. Any help is much appreciated.

May 03, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Sami Ruusunen
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone put a Nikon 10.5mm on an alt camera?

mjbetch wrote:
I tried putting it on my X-T1, but the hood is visible in much of the photo. I guess the lens is just too wide. Could it possibly be the adapter? I have a cheap Fotasy N/G/Fx adapter I got off Amazon. Would the Metabones possibly remedy the issue? Or just the fact that the rear element distance is too far from the sensor. Any help is much appreciated.

Are the hood petals in the right position when the lens is adapted? Are the longer parts exactly top and bottom and not anywhere else? If the adapter is not correctly made (lens is bit twisted when its adapted) the longer petals of the hood might show in photos.

May 04, 2014 at 01:57 PM
kwoodard
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone put a Nikon 10.5mm on an alt camera?

Like Sami mentioned, this was the issue I had when I tried it on my old Fuji XE1.

May 04, 2014 at 11:50 PM
mjbetch
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone put a Nikon 10.5mm on an alt camera?

Sami Ruusunen wrote:
Are the hood petals in the right position when the lens is adapted? Are the longer parts exactly top and bottom and not anywhere else? If the adapter is not correctly made (lens is bit twisted when its adapted) the longer petals of the hood might show in photos.

Oh... Okay. I'm hoping it's just my adapter. It is a bit twisted off center. That may be the issue. Thanks!

May 06, 2014 at 05:11 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.