New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Cheetah battery pack test -

vjaved
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cheetah battery pack test -

If you are the owner of a cheetah battery pack around central New Jersey and willing to let me test my new CL-360 to see if it works as it should; please PM me!

I just received cheetah CL 360 this afternoon. Battery pack is fully charged and I am using it with supplied cable.

After couple of flashes, battery drops from 100% to 75%, within couple more shots battery just dies..... When I plug in to make sure that the battery is charged, Charger shows within couple of minutes that battery is fully charged.

I have heard great things about Ed's customer service but when I called, he wants this flash, battery and a cable back for repair. That's a bit of a problem as this unit is less then 6 hours old.

Has anyone had this problem with their 180 or 360? How did it end?

Any help is appreciated.

Edited on May 02, 2014 at 02:31 PM · View previous versions

May 01, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Ho1972
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cheetah battery pack test -

vjaved wrote:
I have heard great things about Ed's customer service but when I called, he wants this flash, battery and a cable back for repair. That's a bit of a problem as this unit is less then 6 hours old.

You might ask him to cross ship new units; maybe he will, maybe he won't but it can't hurt to ask. But it strikes me as a reasonable request to have you send everything back since he apparently isn't sure himself where the problem lies.

May 02, 2014 at 01:40 PM
vjaved
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cheetah battery pack test -

I thought the same thing but he won't do cross shipping. Instead he is saying that will first ship the new battery and will let me check and see if that's the problem if not, then he will look into the replace/repair flash.

Too much for $750 flash. If it was a retail store, I could have just walked in and exchange it for a new one.

Any one else around central jersey with cheetah battery pack so I can test it before I go through the trouble?

May 02, 2014 at 02:28 PM
vjaved
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Cheetah battery pack test -

I have to say this though, Ed is working with me very closely to resolve the issue.
Unfortunately, shipping time is the one thats cutting into my work even though Ed is shipping me new battery pack overnight.

May 02, 2014 at 03:47 PM
vjaved
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Cheetah battery pack test -

So Edward, shipped me overnight a new battery pack and guess what! problem solved. Works like a charm. Now I just have to ship him the faulty battery pack which came with it and done.

I had heard a lot about his customer service but now witnessing it first hand, He is a great guy and a honest business man. I hope he keeps it up cause there are only few and far in between people like him exists who are not corrupted by business driven by money!

Thanks Ed and Ho1972!

May 03, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Jeremy Reitman
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Cheetah battery pack test -

I've spent some time with Edward in his Dallas office walking around and looking at new products he's got in the works. Super stand up guy.

May 09, 2014 at 08:25 AM
paregorike
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Cheetah battery pack test -

Edward is awesome!

The 1st reason why you buy Cheetah products!

Ron

May 16, 2014 at 02:06 PM
ZoranC
• • •
[X]
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Cheetah battery pack test -

Let me add my voice to the praises of CheetahStand's customer centered business. I wish there were more like Edward.

May 22, 2014 at 01:32 PM
vjaved
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Cheetah battery pack test -

I know this is an old post but I felt obligated to update the post!

As you may know Godox had a couple of bad batches of battery as reported here in comments (http://flashhavoc.com/godox-pb960-lithium-power-pack-review/)

That must have been it!

Since then I have had at least two battery which needed to be replaced over the time. They die with minimal use and won't hold charge for more than couple of hours.

What makes it hard to detect without running into the problem is that these batteries don't have any type of ID. No serial no, batch or any kind of ID. So if you own any Propack, Gododx, Bolt, Flahs Point, Neewer or Wistro and having battery issues; I highly suggest to get it replaced immediately.

Hope this helps to anyone in similar situation.

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Wmccree

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Cheetah battery pack test -

That's to bad because I was really interested in these. There are just to many complaints of the batteries to justify the risk right now.

Nov 18, 2014 at 03:56 PM
vjaved
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Cheetah battery pack test -

The combo which I bought in Spring of thei year now sells for about $200 less. May be that's the reason. Now even adorma and B&H has the same flash under their own brand name too!!!

But yes, it's nerve racking; what if this battery problem continous even after waranty is over.

Nov 18, 2014 at 04:03 PM
rboate

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Cheetah battery pack test -

I must have got lucky, I bought a Godox AD360 as well as a pair of 850s between Jan and June this year and all are still working great.

Dec 04, 2014 at 06:20 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.