New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

campy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

I received mine today and it didn't come in the normal refurbished white box but came in a EOS Powershot Vixia box. Anyone else get the same? Normally I wouldn't care but I bought this on impulse during the sale and figured if I changed my mind I could always sell it as unused and unopened, but because of the box it came in I was forced to open it to make sure it was the lens inside and not a video camera. By the way the lens looks brand new.

Apr 30, 2014 at 01:58 PM
Lobohowler
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

I bought a refurbed 24mm 2.8 IS several months ago and it also did not come in the white box but instead it came in some other canon product box. It is indistinguishable from new as far as I can tell.

Apr 30, 2014 at 02:04 PM
Dave McGaughey
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

My new/refurb 24/2.8 IS and 35/2 IS both came in random Canon product boxes. Looks like Canon is using surplus boxes. The sticker on the box did have the contents, so there wasn't a need to open it up.

Apr 30, 2014 at 02:33 PM
campy
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

Since I already opened it I figured I should take some test shot. It's raining here so I had to settle on taking shots from the porch and they all look good, so I guess now I need to decide on keeping or selling.

Apr 30, 2014 at 04:49 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

Haven't been able to find anyone selling 35 IS refurbs. Who's selling 'em these days?

Apr 30, 2014 at 08:29 PM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

D. Diggler wrote:
Haven't been able to find anyone selling 35 IS refurbs. Who's selling 'em these days?

Canon sells them on their site pretty regularly now, along with the other IS primes.

Apr 30, 2014 at 08:41 PM
Invertalon
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

Mine came in the same box.

May 01, 2014 at 06:45 AM
Toby1kenobi

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

I am debating whether to replace my old version of 35mm f/2 (non-IS) with the new one. I have read many reviews and posts on the new version. A common comment is there is a bigger difference in corner sharpness, but in the center they are close.
Has anyone had a chance to compare the two in practice and see considerable differences between them?
Thanks for your input.

May 01, 2014 at 09:44 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

Toby1kenobi wrote:
I am debating whether to replace my old version of 35mm f/2 (non-IS) with the new one. I have read many reviews and posts on the new version. A common comment is there is a bigger difference in corner sharpness, but in the center they are close.
Has anyone had a chance to compare the two in practice and see considerable differences between them?
Thanks for your input.

Yes, Toby, the new one is a lot better. Color and contrast are improved, as is overall sharpness. Easier manual focusing. And the IS feature is terrific.

May 01, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Toby1kenobi

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

Thanks Gunzorro.

May 01, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

EF 35 2.0 IS focus is not only much faster, but more surefooted in dim light compared to the 35 2.0. I haven't taken the dad burn thang off my 5D2 since December...

May 01, 2014 at 04:30 PM
tjb5099

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

lol thats crazy, random boxes for their refurb products

May 01, 2014 at 04:33 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

Canon sells them on their site pretty regularly now

I checked out the Canon refurb site. What I don't understand is why are the refurbed 35s priced the same as what they're selling for new at reputable retailers?

May 01, 2014 at 09:14 PM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

I checked out the Canon refurb site. What I don't understand is why are the refurbed 35s priced the same as what they're selling for new at reputable retailers?

Like anything else, if it's not on sale, it's overpriced- unless you need it right now

May 01, 2014 at 09:31 PM
Warbird55

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Refurbed Canon 35mm IS

I had a similar random box when I got a refurbed 10-22. Lens worked, box was immediatley put in trash.

May 02, 2014 at 08:30 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.