FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Hoar Frost Abstracts

chez
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hoar Frost Abstracts

Been very busy with other aspects of my life and have not been out shooting as much as I would like. Here are a couple of hoar frost abstracts from this past winter.

Harry.

© Fleeting Light Photos

© Fleeting Light Photos

Apr 30, 2014 at 07:43 AM
Tom Black
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hoar Frost Abstracts

Hi Harry. I don't have much constructive to say other than I like both of these, but the delicacy of the second shot is particularly pleasing. Perhaps a little empty space to the left of the frame wouldn't go amiss?

Apr 30, 2014 at 07:47 AM
lionking
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hoar Frost Abstracts

These are great!

Well done!

Andrey

Apr 30, 2014 at 09:11 AM
Lotus86

[X]
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hoar Frost Abstracts

These are very easy on the eyes, I like them a lot

Apr 30, 2014 at 09:15 AM
Justin Grimm
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Hoar Frost Abstracts

First one works great for me! Maybe slightly more contrast or better web sharpening would help bring those fine details out a bit clearer. It would be a nice print for sure.

Apr 30, 2014 at 09:37 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Hoar Frost Abstracts

Thanks all for your feedback. Yes, after coming home from the shoot, I too noticed that I should have left more space around the 2nd shot.

Justin, actually I put a bit of blur into the 1st shot and printed it to 30" on the wide side and it looks really great. I just used thst same image with the blur and posted it here. I found without the slight blurring, the image was way too "crispy" as the fine branches and hoar frost were too over powering, at least in the print.

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:06 AM
lionking
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Hoar Frost Abstracts

chez wrote:
Thanks all for your feedback. Yes, after coming home from the shoot, I too noticed that I should have left more space around the 2nd shot.

Justin, actually I put a bit of blur into the 1st shot and printed it to 30" on the wide side and it looks really great. I just used thst same image with the blur and posted it here. I found without the slight blurring, the image was way too "crispy" as the fine branches and hoar frost were too over powering, at least in the print.

IMHO the 1st should be blurry by the nature of this abstract, but then again who am i to judge...

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Orang Hutan

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Hoar Frost Abstracts

I like the first one, great texture and rhytm. Web-sized it looks great as is.

Apr 30, 2014 at 01:32 PM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Hoar Frost Abstracts

First one really.

Apr 30, 2014 at 09:42 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.