Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Concert Photos, Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival, Baltimore Md.

pepperman
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Concert Photos, Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival, Baltimore Md.

These shots are from The Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival 4-26-14

Cris Jacobs

Aoife O'Donovan and Noam Pikelny

Viktor Krauss

Jerry Douglas

Apr 29, 2014 at 01:53 PM
pepperman
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Concert Photos, Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival, Baltimore Md.

A Few More.

The Band

Can't forget the drummer.

Apr 29, 2014 at 02:01 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Concert Photos, Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival, Baltimore Md.

Very well done!

Apr 29, 2014 at 03:59 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Concert Photos, Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival, Baltimore Md.

Great shots. I remember when Jerry Douglas was just a skinny kid playing with J.D. Crowe. Look at him now.

Apr 29, 2014 at 06:36 PM
pepperman
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Concert Photos, Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival, Baltimore Md.

Peter Figen wrote:
Great shots. I remember when Jerry Douglas was just a skinny kid playing with J.D. Crowe. Look at him now.

J.D. Crowe looked a lot younger then also! As Robert Zimmerman once said; "The Times They Are A Changin'"!

Apr 29, 2014 at 07:30 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Concert Photos, Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival, Baltimore Md.

You got some nice photos there.

Good job!

Apr 30, 2014 at 07:56 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Concert Photos, Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival, Baltimore Md.

Thanks for posting that last shot. J.D. was THE best of the best back in the day. The most solid straight bluegrass player with an unerring sense of time. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of this music has become regionalized. I can't remember the last time J.D. might have played here in L.A. but I do remember going to hear him on a Saturday night at The Banjo Cafe out towards Santa Monica.

May 01, 2014 at 12:49 AM
pepperman
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Concert Photos, Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival, Baltimore Md.

Peter Figen wrote:
Thanks for posting that last shot. J.D. was THE best of the best back in the day. The most solid straight bluegrass player with an unerring sense of time. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of this music has become regionalized. I can't remember the last time J.D. might have played here in L.A. but I do remember going to hear him on a Saturday night at The Banjo Cafe out towards Santa Monica.

Peter, I was honored to be able to hang out with and photograph some of Bluegrass music's greats! Unfortunately, as we all age lots changes and I think that travel is one of them. I am fortunate to live in an area that , thanks to Del McCoury, still brings these greats out! These guys shared some amazing stories with me and I truly felt like a kid in a candy store!

Del McCoury, Bobby Hicks, Jerry McCoury, and J.D. Crowe

May 01, 2014 at 07:19 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Concert Photos, Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival, Baltimore Md.

I guess the travel thing works both ways. I have friends insisting I need to make it back to MerleFest, if only to see if it's true that there are folks (or at least one) selling prints of my Doc Watson image without my permission.

I've been listening to all of these guys since the mid to late '70's, and honestly, you just don't hear much about them out here anymore. Good to see that most of them are still alive and kicking.

May 01, 2014 at 11:35 AM
barbosas

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Concert Photos, Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival, Baltimore Md.

Love the details.

Thanks for sharing

May 01, 2014 at 01:46 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Concert Photos, Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival, Baltimore Md.

good concert pics

May 02, 2014 at 11:06 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.