FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · New Mexico.

Rohanban
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Mexico.

I am planning a trip to New Mexico in June. I will be locating at Santa Fe and willing to travel around. I have about 5 days in the state. I would love to hear of some suggestions for photography. I am mainly interested in landscape photography.

My current interests:-

1) Taos.
2) Bandelier National Monument
3) Santa Fe
4) Pecos National Park
5) White Sands

Please let me know what else I could find in the land of enchantment.

as per the suggestions adding:-
6) Bisti
7) Tent Rocks
8) Chaco Canyon.

Edited on May 01, 2014 at 11:52 AM · View previous versions

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM
golfputting

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Mexico.

Rohanban,

You should check out: The Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway it transports you above deep canyons and breathtaking terrain a distance of 2.7 miles. This is just on the east side of Albuquerque. I was there in 2010 and if you head up two hours before sunset you can catch some great sunset shots.

Apr 29, 2014 at 01:49 PM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Mexico.

The places you list are good, although I've never been to Pecos NP. You might consider some of the wilderness areas, such as Bisti. and De-Na-Zin Raw, unadulterated wilderness with unique formations. You can get details with Google.

If Indian ruins appeal to you, Chaco Canyon is one of the best locations, and Aztec is also good and much easier to access.

Apr 29, 2014 at 02:05 PM
Adam Schallau
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Mexico.

A few locations to consider:

Tent Rocks National Monument
The Rio Chama up around Abiquiu
Ghost Ranch
Rio Grande Gorge from the 'High Bridge' near Taos
Rio Grande Gorge from the Dead Cholla Climbing Area

If you make it to Taos, you might want to consider photographing San Francisco de Asis church in the village of Ranchos de Taos. It's not a landscape shot, but the location is iconic for a reason.

You might want to consider purchasing a copy of Photographing the Southwest, Vol. 3 - Colorado/New Mexico. Lots of great info in that book.

Apr 29, 2014 at 03:47 PM
bdickers
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Mexico.

Ft. Union, the last military outpost at the end of the Santa Fe Trail, is about 70 miles north on I-25 from Santa Fe. An interesting place where you can still see the ruts left in the ground by the wagon trains that made the trip from St. Louis to Santa Fe.

Apr 29, 2014 at 05:06 PM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Mexico.

definitely spend 1 sunset and 1 sunrise in White sands. If you can coordinate with full moon, that would be an added bonus.

Apr 29, 2014 at 05:28 PM
Rohanban
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Mexico.

Thanks lot fellow FMers. I appreciate all your inputs.

May 01, 2014 at 11:38 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.