Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Anyone use an M8(2) with the CV 28/1.9 as a walkaround for B&W?

wolfloid
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone use an M8(2) with the CV 28/1.9 as a walkaround for B&W?

I'm intereted in using a relatively affordable rangefinder with a 35-40mm field of view that will be reliableand print well up to A3 plus(19x13) with no problems in B&W. (I'm not interested in coulour). I have the CV lens already (as well as many other Leica and CV lenses) so that's an obvious choice.

Could you comment on the strengths and weaknesses of this combination?

Perhaps, those of you who have experience of both comment on a comparrison with the Monochrom set up with a 40mm f2 M Rokkor (which I also have).

What are the quantifiable differences between the two set ups operationally, technically and in terms of final print.

I currently use a 5D II with a CV 40mm/2 or a Canon 35/2 IS. I love these combinations, they make fantasitc prints, but I'm looking for something a little lighter. I also have many years of experience with Leica rangefinders (mostly with M6's, but also some with the Leica M).

Apr 29, 2014 at 03:51 AM
rsrsrs
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone use an M8(2) with the CV 28/1.9 as a walkaround for B&W?

i guess
fuji X100(s)
or
fuji body + 27mm lens
is no option?
i had the 5D classic with a CV 40mm/2
and now the X-E1 + 27mm and love it.
gruss
reinhard

Apr 29, 2014 at 07:38 AM
wolfloid
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone use an M8(2) with the CV 28/1.9 as a walkaround for B&W?

Thanks, I have the Fuji X100S and though, in many respects, I like it, I find it a little gadgety. I really dislike the clumsy way one is forced to prefocus for a particular distance, I and still look back to the time I used tabbed lenses and could prefocus without looking, by feel.

Ergonomically I much prefer the Canon to the Fuji, since I can just bring it up to my eye, quickly manual focus and fire the shutter. With the Fuji there is always that irritating wake up/focus fuss before the shutter fires, unless it is in MF mode, but even then, I'm never sure whether the focus has got jogged from when I set it. It's not much, but it adds to my irritation with the thing. None of this is a problem, of course, when the subject is central, then I can just use the Fuji's excellent AF, but I seem to most often want in-focus subjects off centre, and this is where speedy manual focusing with the Canon or pre focusing with a Leica seem to come into their own.

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:46 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.