FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Moonlight Mobius, different angle

dsjtecserv
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Moonlight Mobius, different angle

Taken a little later than the pano show earlier (https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1290327).
http://www.pbase.com/dsjtecserv/image/155407292/original.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Dave

Apr 28, 2014 at 07:17 AM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Moonlight Mobius, different angle

This is nice too. I do think, in comparison, it seems a bit bottom heavy and the stars trail a bit.
I love the general lighting.

David

Apr 28, 2014 at 07:46 AM
dsjtecserv
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Moonlight Mobius, different angle

Thanks, David. You make some good points. I knew I would get some star trailing at a 90 second exposure, but needed that for the movement of the cloud. Because this is a two frame panorama, I couldn't go longer (to make a real star trail shot) or the cloud would have entirely mismatched between the two. It was a compromise that may not have worked so well.

Dave

Apr 28, 2014 at 01:01 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Moonlight Mobius, different angle

Hey Dave

Pretty cool, though not as nice as the original. This is looking too bright I think. I am guessing you went with the longer shutter speed to get the cloud movement? How about cropping off the bottom and go to a 4:5 format? But back to the stars, I wish the shutter speed was either longer or shorter. I always find this slight movement to be a no man's land.

Jim

Apr 28, 2014 at 02:18 PM
dsjtecserv
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Moonlight Mobius, different angle

Jim, yes, the 90 second exposure was to try to pick up some cloud movement. I couldn't go longer or the stitch wouldn't have worked (had to do a lot of manual blending as it is), ans shorter would have given as much movement on the clouds. You are right, this was a no man's land that probably didn't work.

It may be too bright as well. This is already squarer than 4:5, but I could still crop of some of the bottom rocks to make it slightly horizontal.

Dave

Apr 28, 2014 at 02:28 PM
Brad Williams
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Moonlight Mobius, different angle

Great photo Dave. Do wish the starts were tight also, but I do understand the give and take with the clouds. Nice Work!

May 01, 2014 at 02:55 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.