Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Wondering about future of Nikon DSLRS, lens, prices future etc..

Joseph.
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Wondering about future of Nikon DSLRS, lens, prices future etc..

I don't care what everyone else does, but I'm sticking to my big and heavy DSLRs. I briefly borrowed a Nex-7 and I couldn't wait to give it back. The ergonomics is just bad and I can't see myself embracing the system. I like big cameras that fit perfectly in my hand, built like a tank and feels like a tank.

Apr 28, 2014 at 03:05 PM
xnavyguy

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Wondering about future of Nikon DSLRS, lens, prices future etc..

To me cameras are like tools and I try to use the right one for the right job.... If I'm going out on my kayak for a few hours I grab my waterproof Olympus and my gopro in the waterproof housing.....if I'm going out to shoot bald eagles or other wildlife I grab the D4s with the 600mm.....

Use what you like and what fits your needs and don't worry about what anyone else is doing or saying....if you're happy with your photographs then that's all that matters.

Apr 28, 2014 at 03:39 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Wondering about future of Nikon DSLRS, lens, prices future etc..

People have been switching brands for as long I can remember. Hell, I started with Oly, move to Yasica, then Nikon, with a side trip to Leica. For the past 30 yrs it has been Nikon with a mirrorless Fuji X T-1 as a little bag.
And I've thought about switching to Canon a year or so before the D3 was released. I don't worry about that stuff anymore. I just put the energy into the process, not the equipment.

So, buy a D4s and a 600mm, like xnavyguy, and go shoot some bald eagles. But, don't tip the kayak. Did my slobbering envy of the 600mm come through?

Apr 28, 2014 at 06:02 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Wondering about future of Nikon DSLRS, lens, prices future etc..

shekarn64 wrote:
Not true. Everything has a life limit...

Forging iron has been around for 1000's of years and there are 1000's of smiths in the country today.

Many, maybe even most things have a life limit, but not everything. I hardly think the F-mount is going away anytime soon unless Nikon goes under for some unforeseen reason. Even less likely is the sudden disappearance of the DSLR or interchangeable lens system.

Apr 28, 2014 at 06:14 PM
thedruid
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Wondering about future of Nikon DSLRS, lens, prices future etc..

I was out today shooting along the Charles river in Boston, I'm out there all the time and as I've seen in the past "one" Fuji x100 and over a dozen DSLRs in less than 2 hours....the average joe/jane not using a phone is still using a DSLR.
The same was true on recent trips to Sevilla/Madrid and Buenos Aires where I saw a total of two Nikon V series cameras.

Apr 28, 2014 at 07:25 PM
Two23
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Wondering about future of Nikon DSLRS, lens, prices future etc..

DontShoot wrote:
I like big cameras that fit perfectly in my hand, built like a tank and feels like a tank.

OTOH, the screw mount Leicas fit perfectly in your hand, are built like a tank, and are quite small. Maybe that's what we want--a pro level camera with small lenses, excellent image quality, state of art design, and looks cool. Hey, they did it in 1928!

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Leica_IIIc

Kent in SD

Apr 28, 2014 at 07:43 PM
mshi
• • • •
[X]
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Wondering about future of Nikon DSLRS, lens, prices future etc..

Two23 wrote:
OTOH, the screw mount Leicas fit perfectly in your hand, are built like a tank, and are quite small. Maybe that's what we want--a pro level camera with small lenses, excellent image quality, state of art design, and looks cool. Hey, they did it in 1928!

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Leica_IIIc

Kent in SD

Like you, I hate any camera that requires battery.

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:14 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.