Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!
Adorama has new pricing on the Fuji X-E1 body and kit. Currently, this deal is exclusive to them.

Free accessories included, while supplies last.

Click here for a list of all the Fuji X-E1 special pricing items.

Apr 27, 2014 at 01:21 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

That kit pricing is pretty darn good...basically, it's 'buy the 18-55 and get a free X-E1.'

Apr 27, 2014 at 01:25 PM
johnahill
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

and lets not forget in terms of IQ/Sensor X-E1 = X-E2 = X-T1

Apr 28, 2014 at 01:44 AM
jim bennett
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

johnahill wrote:
and lets not forget in terms of IQ/Sensor X-E1 = X-E2 = X-T1

I'm tempted. So in terms of other differences, the XE-2 has improved auto focus, face detection, higher video fps, much improved LCD, same evf right? Is there a chance of picking up an XE-2 on the forum with that same lens anywhere near this price I wonder. hmmm I shall go a hunting.

Apr 28, 2014 at 02:30 PM
Sal Baker
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

The X-E2 has a higher EVF refresh frame rate which will soon be upgraded to the same speed as the X-T1, and it will gain a new interval.

Sal

Apr 28, 2014 at 02:56 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

jim bennett wrote:
I'm tempted. So in terms of other differences, the XE-2 has improved auto focus, face detection, higher video fps, much improved LCD, same evf right? Is there a chance of picking up an XE-2 on the forum with that same lens anywhere near this price I wonder. hmmm I shall go a hunting.

Biggest thing for me is simply overall speed. The X-E2 is significantly more responsive than the X-E1. It writes MUCH faster with a fast card, and since the X-E1 doesn't really allow you to do much (for instance, you can't zoom the viewfinder in manual focus mode while the E1 is writing to the card...you can in the E2), it can be an issue at times. You really don't ever need to wait on an E2, but you do need to wait on an E1 from time to time. That said, I still have my X-E1 and I plan on converting it to infrared when I get a chance.

Apr 28, 2014 at 03:07 PM
jim bennett
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

Sal Baker wrote:
The X-E2 has a higher EVF refresh frame rate which will soon be upgraded to the same speed as the X-T1, and it will gain a new interval.

Sal

thanks Sal that's good feedback I was not aware of that

Apr 28, 2014 at 03:34 PM
jim bennett
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

Thanks for the reply. I like responsive cameras and it sounds like the xe-1 might drive me nuts in that regard.
Jman13 wrote:
Biggest thing for me is simply overall speed. The X-E2 is significantly more responsive than the X-E1. It writes MUCH faster with a fast card, and since the X-E1 doesn't really allow you to do much (for instance, you can't zoom the viewfinder in manual focus mode while the E1 is writing to the card...you can in the E2), it can be an issue at times. You really don't ever need to wait on an E2, but you do need to wait on an E1 from time to time. That said, I still have my X-E1 and I plan on
...Show more

Apr 28, 2014 at 03:38 PM
mjhedge
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

It is a great price with the lens, but I managed to pick up a like new X-E2 body as second body to complement my X-T1. I just felt the upgrades were significant. After starting with the X-T1, I wasn't sure I would be patient enough with the speed of the X-E1

Apr 28, 2014 at 07:10 PM
digital88

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

I just picked up the XE-1 two weeks ago. The speed is not as fast as the newer models but for me it's a chance to learn the Fuji X system and I used the savings to buy another lens. Plus the new sale comes with the grip included.

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:57 PM
BayernFan
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

i jumped on this deal as it's roughly the same price the lens + body are selling for used. as mentioned above, an $80 handgrip is also thrown in. i've heard excellent things about the firmware upgrade made available to the x-e1, so it's worth a go.

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:11 PM
B1air

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

Such a nice kit. Very tempting.

Apr 30, 2014 at 06:28 PM
spider-man

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

Great price. So tempted to try the fuji system.

May 01, 2014 at 02:36 AM
Tekniqs

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

getting into the fuji system. Still deciding which camera to buy though. how much is the x-e1 improved with the current firmware?

May 06, 2014 at 07:21 PM
BayernFan
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

Been shooting my X-E1 about a week now with the latest firmware. Hugely impressed with the IQ. If you shoot sports/wildlife/action, look elsewhere as the AF system is not its strong point (check out the X-T1). For stills, the X-E1 awesome.

May 07, 2014 at 12:24 AM
dxcb
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

100% agree. I would say though, the problem for me is not so much the AF, because even using MF, pre-focusing for faster shooting, the shooter lag prevents me from using the X-e1 for anything that moves.

May 08, 2014 at 08:47 AM
FarmerJohn
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

What was the price on the deal? Fred's original post was April 27. Now it's May... wondering if prices have changed.

I see the X-E1 $499 for the body and $699 for the body+18-55 lens.

How's the 18-55 lens quality compare to the Fuji primes?

Thanks! John

May 08, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

It's not as good as the primes, but it's quite good. (Frankly, I've found very few lenses as good as the Fuji primes). It's one of the better 'kit' type zooms out there. Very sharp at the wide and mid-range end, and pretty decent at the long end. Stopped down it makes for a wonderfully versatile landscape lens. It's a faster lens than almost all kit zooms too, at f/2.8-4.

Let's put it this way, it's good enough that today when I went out for my first multi-hour photographic landscape shoot in months, I took the 18-55 instead of the 23, 35 and 56mm. (Usually, the 23 and 56 are permanent in my bag, but for landscape use, the versatility of the zoom outweighed the slightly better optics stopped down, and I had no need for the fast aperture today). I only used the 14mm, 18-55 and 55-200 today.

May 08, 2014 at 01:11 PM
FarmerJohn
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

Thanks Jman. I've been pretty tempted by the Fuji lately. Also tempted by a 6D, but ah well.

Anyone remember what the original price was for the deal posted by Fred?

May 08, 2014 at 02:13 PM
dxcb
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fuji X-E1 body and kit special pricing!

I seem to remember it was 699 also. I don't ever it has ever gone lower than that.

May 08, 2014 at 02:40 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.