Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · CL: Jim Garner - Storytelling in Wedding Photography - A Gary Fong Disci...

Littleguy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CL: Jim Garner - Storytelling in Wedding Photography - A Gary Fong Disciple?

Is anyone watching Jim Garner on CL?

I cannot stop comparing his method to Gary Fong's storybook method from 8-10 years ago.

Was he a GF disciple?

Sure - Jim's album designs and are more up to date but the underlying sales method is the same - shoot for the album to tell a story, push the album, not the individual images, overdesign the book to upsell the album- sell the experience not the images.

Funny how a guy we all love to make fun of had the basic concept down long before the Rockstar photographers of today.

Apr 26, 2014 at 07:38 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CL: Jim Garner - Storytelling in Wedding Photography - A Gary Fong Disciple?

After watching for 6 minutes, I wanted to buy something.

Apr 26, 2014 at 07:51 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CL: Jim Garner - Storytelling in Wedding Photography - A Gary Fong Disciple?

I watched a while though what I am interested in is his workflow strategy and his concept of 1 spread = 1 edit unit insteadvof 1 image = 1 edit unit.

Apr 26, 2014 at 07:56 AM
Chris Fawkes
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CL: Jim Garner - Storytelling in Wedding Photography - A Gary Fong Disciple?

"a guy we all love to make fun of "

I don't think most are that small, are they?

Apr 26, 2014 at 01:06 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · CL: Jim Garner - Storytelling in Wedding Photography - A Gary Fong Disciple?

Littleguy wrote:
Is anyone watching Jim Garner on CL?

Who?!? Never heard of.

Apr 27, 2014 at 04:02 AM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · CL: Jim Garner - Storytelling in Wedding Photography - A Gary Fong Disciple?

D. Diggler wrote:
Who?!? Never heard of.

http://cdn.iofferphoto.com/img/item/824/539/21/o_y3yNf3O6NfiYD6k.jpg

Apr 27, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Brian Virts
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · CL: Jim Garner - Storytelling in Wedding Photography - A Gary Fong Disciple?

I think with all these CL people there are some interesting take away pieces and concepts. The industry and these types of "educators" seem to think that one size fits all. I'd never want the weight and responsibility of his business, maybe you do, and that's cool. Clearly we should all be aiming for better and selling art to our clients. I just don't think you need to sell out like many in the industry do. Lot's of workshops, products and bullshit selling dreams to people that clearly can't make it happen.

Be yourself, take good photos and be nice to people. Let's just start there...

Apr 27, 2014 at 11:36 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.