New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · D600 Auto Mode

rnyc1
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D600 Auto Mode

Hi,

My better half likes using my D600 in full automode.

Question - Can the focus point be controlled by the user?

Apr 26, 2014 at 07:26 AM
Kell
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D600 Auto Mode

do you have the users manual? no offense, but if not he/she needs one, cuz if she doesn't know this then they'll be a hundred more things she will want/need to know about the D600...that camera is a complete waste of money to be used as a point and shoot..she can download the manual online if she doesn't have the hard copy...the short answer to your question is yes it can be selected manually or automatically

Edited on Apr 26, 2014 at 09:16 AM · View previous versions

Apr 26, 2014 at 08:04 AM
Joseph.
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D600 Auto Mode

yes

While in Auto mode, press the AF / M button selector on the left and rotate the front dial until it says S, d9, d21, etc.

but I agree with Kell, get her one of those guide books because there is more to the D600 AF settings than what meets the eye.

I personally like David Busch's guide books, they are easy to follow: http://www.amazon.com/David-Buschs-Nikon-Digital-Photography/dp/1285428331

Apr 26, 2014 at 09:15 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D600 Auto Mode

Kell wrote:
do you have the users manual? no offense, but if not he/she needs one, cuz if she doesn't know this then they'll be a hundred more things she will want/need to know about the D600...that camera is a complete waste of money to be used as a point and shoot..she can download the manual online if she doesn't have the hard copy...the short answer to your question is yes it can be selected manually or automatically

A D600 in Full Auto mode? Why even bother with a D600... why not get a D3300 or 5300?? Why would anyone with the power of a full frame D600 want to only use it in full Auto Mode. And if they only want it in full Auto mode, why would they be changing focus points?

Jim

Apr 26, 2014 at 07:44 PM
rnyc1
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D600 Auto Mode

Thanks Dontshoot.

Saved me some time at combing through the manual.

Jim - Did you read my post?

My wife Like using MY D600.

I personally have not used the D600 in auto mode and don't intend to.
Hence my question to the forum. Which I anticipated would illicit a response like yours but heck I knew there would be at least 1 helpful forum member.

Apr 26, 2014 at 08:08 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · D600 Auto Mode

"P" is for perfeshunnul. What I find amazing is that your wife will actually use the camera. In the camera club I belong to, out of some 60 couples, only 1 both shoot and come to meetings. Most spouses attend 1 or 2 meetings annually.

Apr 26, 2014 at 09:43 PM
Kell
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · D600 Auto Mode

well i missed that too, that it was yours...which brings up another couple points..you own the manual but figured it would be better to post here than flip thru a few pages? and the fact that you use it but not in auto surprises me that you aren't aware of the AF features...oh well,

signed,
Perplexed

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:26 PM
karosikcreativ

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · D600 Auto Mode

Haha, so many angry replies. He said his wife likes to use the auto mode, not him, give'm a break!

Jul 01, 2014 at 08:41 AM
Dpedraza
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · D600 Auto Mode

Lol people usually aren't very positive about posts like these who cares if she shoots in auto mode. I'm going to shoot my 800 in P from now on.

Looks like you got an answer already. Actually looking at the manual is a good way to learn about your camera. I read my manual for my d60 I had when I was learning to use that old thing

Jul 01, 2014 at 09:11 AM
MitchSC
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · D600 Auto Mode

My wife is also a point and shoot automatic mode DSLR user (family and vacation photos). She has no interest in learning about exposure or anything technical regarding the camera. Her camera is a D5100 but she also likes the FF viewfinder of my D600.

Like previous posters, I agree that one should study the manual and be familiar with the operation of their equipment if they are serious about photography.

Jul 01, 2014 at 09:54 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.