Archive 2014 · Canon WFT-E6A

Joshua J. Ahern
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon WFT-E6A

Hi there

I finally found the way to use my WFT-E6A with my Canon 1D X
using the WFT server mode.

My images, once transfered to the server, could be seen on my computer (in a browser page)
but they still don't downloaded to my computer.

From this step, how do I download the pictures to my computer?

Can I set-up PhotoMechanic to download the images automatically to a specific folder?

Hope my questions make sense.

thank you

Joshua

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Burnsie

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon WFT-E6A

Joshua,

The WFT Server mode will primarily allow you to control the camera and view the images through a web browser. To download an image, you must click on the red arrow that appears on the image when viewing it. This would have to be done for all images you want to download.

A better setup to use, would be through "EOS Utility Mode". This will allow you to automatically download images as you shoot them, or download large groups of files easily. You can find the setup guides for this on Canon's Digital Learning Center here: http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2012/wft_setup_guides.shtml

They are located near the bottom of the page. Happy Networking.

B

Apr 26, 2014 at 05:36 PM
sanjayram

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon WFT-E6A

Finally found the thing what i am looking for in terms of camera when and where came with latest specifications which will be helpful to upload all my pics and no need to look after it when everything is done automatically

Apr 28, 2014 at 01:15 AM
Joshua J. Ahern
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon WFT-E6A

thanks Burnsie,

that was I tought during my first trials. I noticed that it was the best way
to download images. But there's only one issue; battery gets low faster than usual.
Well I guess I will try it again but I will have to get an extra battery.

J.

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Burnsie

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon WFT-E6A

No problem. Also, keep in mind that you don't have to use live view with EOS Utility. You can turn it off and conserve a lot of battery power, provided it's not needed. If you're working in a studio, an AC Adapter is always a nice addition:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/497369-REG/Canon_1896B002_ACK_E4_AC_Adapter.html

B

Apr 29, 2014 at 02:29 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.