Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · What are you offering as Packages

wgman02

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What are you offering as Packages

Good Evening, I'm curious as to are most wedding photographers just offering Wedding Photo Book made by a 3rd party. Do some just offer a package with just say 50 8x10's with or without a album or a combo of the two ? Thanks

Apr 25, 2014 at 02:03 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What are you offering as Packages

Hi wgman02,

It sounds like you're probably new to this. Are you just not sure where to begin with packages, what to offer, what to include, what to not include etc?

You might find this a useful starting place: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1247542

Apr 25, 2014 at 02:09 PM
rondphoto
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What are you offering as Packages

I only offer an all-day coverage option. I offer albums by Graphistudio at an additional cost. No prints are included.

Apr 25, 2014 at 07:23 PM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What are you offering as Packages

I just made the switch to ONLY offering all day coverage, and clients are loving it. I capped it at 12hrs.

I offer albums and engagement shoots a la cart. If they want to order an album w/ the coverage, they get a 'packaged' discount.

Sure as hell beats haggling over hours and trying to convince brides that 5 or even 8hrs of coverage won't cut it.

also lets me work in a more relaxed manner and have more time to be creative.

I don't think anyone sells single prints anymore...that's so 1990's.

what would anyone do w/ 50 8x10's anyhow unless you matted them and had a cool presentation box--at which point they'd be better off w/ an album...

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:15 PM
wgman02

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What are you offering as Packages

& Thank You'll...........& What Did Anyone ever do with 50 8x10's..........

Apr 26, 2014 at 05:56 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What are you offering as Packages

Ala carte here. You pick number of hours & number of photographers — then add albums, print credits, bridal (and/or) engagement session. This season we dropped photo booths and all other types of photography (seniors, families, mitzvahs). 68 weddings booked so far for 2014 ... can't be bothered with the other stuff.

Apr 26, 2014 at 07:45 AM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · What are you offering as Packages

most brides have no clue how many hours they'll actually need, and most will not opt for all=day coverage (12hrs or so) if given the choice to pick hours.

sometimes too many choices = too much stress.

simplify things and reduce the choices.

all-day coverage = a no-brainer. one choice.

I went this route b/c I loathe shooting abridged weddings or short little events. It'll immediately eliminate all the cheapo clients or those in 2nd or 3rd marriages just doing the quick and dirty to make things official.

It also means that you charge for 12 hrs (that's what I put my time limit on), but that most people don't necessarily need 12 hrs to cover their complete day. So you'll always make more than an hourly model.

Apr 26, 2014 at 09:52 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.