New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Kenna

danb708
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kenna

Here are a few from a recent HS Senior Shoot, constructive criticism wanted!

Apr 24, 2014 at 02:26 PM
yelloguy2
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kenna

Beautiful shots. If anything, on #1, I would crop out the empty boards on the left side of the picture. Other than that, they are all beautiful shots. I specially like the use of empty space in the last one.

Apr 24, 2014 at 02:31 PM
danb708
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kenna

yelloguy2, thanks those boards bothered me too but i thought it would look weird cropped too tight

Apr 24, 2014 at 02:33 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kenna

nice shots, that 135 is my favorite lens so far with canon. Looking at the exif data you didn't realize you have it at 800 iso till later on? Just seems a lil weird having such a fast shutter speed & high iso.

Apr 24, 2014 at 03:57 PM
danb708
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Kenna

MikeW wrote:
nice shots, that 135 is my favorite lens so far with canon. Looking at the exif data you didn't realize you have it at 800 iso till later on? Just seems a lil weird having such a fast shutter speed & high iso.

I was trying to compensate for the lack of IS on the 135, t really pissed me off when I realized it was on 800 iso. It was the first time out with the 135 and I loved it. Im guessing it will take a back seat to my newly acquired 200L f/2.

Apr 24, 2014 at 04:14 PM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Kenna

Great job.

1. Yes, the boards are distracting. If would have been better to have her move more to her right and change the camera angle to be provide more of the wood wall behind her.

2. I like this photo

3. I like this photo but the flares are too distracting. Maybe if they were not so bright?

4. I like it. How does it look if you crop out more of the right side?

5. This is my favorite. I like the chair and composition within the greenery.

Apr 24, 2014 at 04:41 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Kenna

The first shot clearly has the most natural smile, where the others she feels more forced, in fact, quite a bit more forced. When I look at these as a group, it's shot number one that is the one that I want to keep looking at. It's a really wonderful, relaxed image. I might play with the tonality to see if it improves by slightly darkening her dress and legs.

Apr 24, 2014 at 07:02 PM
danb708
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Kenna

Wildcats_Fans wrote:
Great job.

1. Yes, the boards are distracting. If would have been better to have her move more to her right and change the camera angle to be provide more of the wood wall behind her.

2. I like this photo

3. I like this photo but the flares are too distracting. Maybe if they were not so bright?

4. I like it. How does it look if you crop out more of the right side?

5. This is my favorite. I like the chair and composition within the greenery.

Thanks for the feedback, I wish I could redo #1, it is my favorite

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:04 PM
danb708
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Kenna

Peter Figen wrote:
The first shot clearly has the most natural smile, where the others she feels more forced, in fact, quite a bit more forced. When I look at these as a group, it's shot number one that is the one that I want to keep looking at. It's a really wonderful, relaxed image. I might play with the tonality to see if it improves by slightly darkening her dress and legs.

Thanks, I'll take your advice and try some different post processing on #1

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:07 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.