Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Another image out of Yosemite lol...

thomasdo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Another image out of Yosemite lol...

Hi, new to the forum and decided to instead of having a new thread for each photo I would try to just make one thread of my photos to be critiqued and what not.

I use to own a 5D Mark iii with a variety of L and non-L lenses but decided to get rid of the body and try a Sony A7R which is suppose to arrive any day now.

I am new to photography but was always interested in it. Any criticism and suggestions are welcome.

My first photo is from Yosemite when I visited last December.

Edited on Apr 24, 2014 at 09:37 AM · View previous versions

Apr 24, 2014 at 01:53 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Another image out of Yosemite lol...

thomasdo wrote:
Hi, new to the forum and decided to instead of having a new thread for each photo I would try to just make one thread of my photos to be critiqued and what not.

Just what I would need every day is waking up and seeing your name at the top of Fred's landscape forum, like free advertising, I guess... Nice try though. It's already bad enough with certain thread bumpers.

Apr 24, 2014 at 05:58 AM
thomasdo

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Another image out of Yosemite lol...

Sorry to start off like that lol. New to the forum and only been on reef tank forums and there they like to keep things in a single post to keep it simple.

I have no right to be pretentious not do I have the desire

ckcarr wrote:
Just what I would need every day is waking up and seeing your name at the top of Fred's landscape forum, like free advertising, I guess... Nice try though. It's already bad enough with certain thread bumpers.

Apr 24, 2014 at 09:40 AM
briancphoto
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Another image out of Yosemite lol...

Welcome to the forum. Great first post. Nice soft light. The only suggestion I can think of is the foreground circular pattern looks to be cut in half. It might have been better try to include all of it.
Cheers Brian

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:32 AM
vin14
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Another image out of Yosemite lol...

Nice shot!

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:02 AM
dswiger
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Another image out of Yosemite lol...

Nice image.
I'm OK with the foreground crop as it's not tangental.
Doesn't need to be fully circular to be included.
Normally the brightness might not work well, but with the reflections & depth very dynamic

Thanks for posting
Dan

Apr 24, 2014 at 02:52 PM
aFeinberg
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Another image out of Yosemite lol...

Love this comp and epic conditions. Nice entry!

aF

Apr 24, 2014 at 03:21 PM
lionking
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Another image out of Yosemite lol...

dswiger wrote:
Nice image.
I'm OK with the foreground crop as it's not tangental.
Doesn't need to be fully circular to be included.
Normally the brightness might not work well, but with the reflections & depth very dynamic

Thanks for posting
Dan

Welcome to the forum!
+1
Agreed with Dan!

Well done!
Andrey

Apr 24, 2014 at 04:21 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Another image out of Yosemite lol...

Hey Thomas,

Welcome to FM Landscape!

And who doesn't like a photo from Yosemite. Now, I hate to say this since my last posting from Mono Lake was voted most overcooked shot of the week... But this does seem to have been pushed too much. The magenta color in the cliffs doesn't exist. But if you do like that pushed flavor, the main thing I would look at is the sky is close to being blown out along the bottom of the valley, but is quite dark at the top. It looks like there are actually clouds down towards the bottom, but since the detail is so lost we can't see it really and the shot is losing some potential impact. So recover the sky more evenly.

Since it sounds like you came from a forum that is run differently than FM is, you may want to click and read the various guidelines at the top of this page. Noting our image size for here, max # of photos per thread is 5, and only one new thread per day.

Look forward to more shots!

Jim

Apr 24, 2014 at 05:06 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.