FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Fall at Rutledge Falls

Jon Buffington
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fall at Rutledge Falls

From fall of 2012, this spot is 5 minutes from my house. I always enjoy stopping by here.

http://www.jpbuffington.org/Landscapes/Landscapes/i-LSkgmcM/1/XL/IMG_2274-XL.jpg

Apr 23, 2014 at 09:16 PM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fall at Rutledge Falls

Hi Jon,

This is a really nice location, and it looks like it has a lot of potential, but the wide view isn't doing it justice for me. There are a lot of distractions creeping into the frame, and the long exposure is causing some problems with water texture and windblown branches.

Tim

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fall at Rutledge Falls

Loving the contrast and deep saturated colors on this one Jon. The top right out of focus area is a little distracting being so close to the waterfall.
Fred

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:22 PM
youthman

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fall at Rutledge Falls

Pretty breathtaking image. Colors are gorgeous. Nicely done.

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:26 PM
Jon Buffington
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fall at Rutledge Falls

Thank you Timmeh for the feedback.

Thank you Fred. I never paid much attention to the top right but now that you mention it, I am focused on it. Uhhgg.

Thank you youthman.

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:33 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fall at Rutledge Falls

beautiful falls, nice shot

like the wide view, not every photo has to be so cut down and simple, nature is wild! not every photo has to be the standard clean, simplistic, focused composition IMO although I know few agree on this forum.

it looks a bit tilted though like maybe a slight CC rotation might level things out

OOF leaves on upper right might help keep the waterfall framed into the scene and not feel so pushed off the far corner which is good, although they are perhaps just a trace too close for being OOF, not sure if there is a way to basically shoot it as it but have those leaves just a tough farther to the right of the falls.

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Jon Buffington
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fall at Rutledge Falls

Thank you skibum. For the tilt, I checked this closely (I felt the same way) but it is not tilted. May be a bit of barrel distortion that I did not correct (I edited this 2 years ago). I think this is just a perspective issue. Anyways, I appreciate your feedback.

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:12 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.