New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · 5d3 Battery Grip

codyw

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5d3 Battery Grip

this has got to be counterfeit, right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Battery-Grip-BG-E11-BGE11-For-Canon-EOS-5D-MARK-III-3-Camera-Fast-shipping-/171251426927

any suggestions on an under $100? had a vivitar on my 7d...it worked fine.

Apr 23, 2014 at 02:46 PM
horobosu
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5d3 Battery Grip

Too good to be true

Apr 23, 2014 at 06:56 PM
kakomu
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5d3 Battery Grip

Probably. Just buy from a US seller. Ebay allows you to filter by US sellers.

Apr 23, 2014 at 07:13 PM
mihind24
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 5d3 Battery Grip

I'd try the auction method instead. It will probably take a lot longer, but eventually you may find a great deal. I picked one up myself on auction for $97 about a week ago, sniped it with 3 seconds remaining! It's used, but who really cares if it has a few small dings or scratches. I got reamed on shipping, almost $20, but still, about $115 for a grip is a great deal.

Apr 23, 2014 at 07:19 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 5d3 Battery Grip

It's probably counterfeit.

EBH

Apr 23, 2014 at 07:22 PM
Erikgn

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 5d3 Battery Grip

Yeah, it's hard to tell. US sellers are the way to go in my opinion.

Apr 25, 2014 at 04:51 PM
docsmiles17
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 5d3 Battery Grip

its counterfeit as there is no serial # on bottom. I bought one on Ebay that was counterfeit without me knowing.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1263150/0?keyword=bg-e11#12029820

Apr 27, 2014 at 01:20 AM
badtzsan

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 5d3 Battery Grip

beware of too good to be true prices. don't learn the hard way

Apr 27, 2014 at 02:08 AM
swldstn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 5d3 Battery Grip

So I checked mine and the one you link to on eBay is missing a serial number on the bottom in the corner of the tripod mount area. I thought there was a canon logo on the bottom in the same area which Is why I checked. Without a serial number I would avoid it.

Apr 27, 2014 at 07:52 AM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 5d3 Battery Grip

BE-1 Wrote:
It's probably counterfeit.

EBH

Yes !
It's look and feel exactly same as genuine Canon, even Canon service can't tell the difference.

Apr 27, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 5d3 Battery Grip

Docsmiles17 Wrote:
its counterfeit as there is no serial # on bottom. I bought one on Ebay that was counterfeit without me knowing.

Some counterfeit have serial and Canon logo.

Apr 27, 2014 at 10:12 AM
PhotoTeacher
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 5d3 Battery Grip

There is a great comparison of a real vs copy at:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1373533

It looks like the weight is the determining factor with this particular copy, as it is virtually identical!

Apr 27, 2014 at 10:22 AM
AnthonyRay
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 5d3 Battery Grip

Fun to look at these things. Wonder why they've pixelated the Canon logo out?
Typically, these guys will take photos of the real deal and mix it with non-real items. It's "representative" of the item after all.

The box itself is a giveaway - note the corrugated edge. Canon does not have cheap paper boxes like that. Those are the funny Chinese soft boxes.

Also, check the feedback. Lots and lots of positives, and yet every single blessed transaction is "private" and not one buyer in 3 pages says what it was they bought.

But finally, somebody said "not a genuine Nikon grip, but I knew that", which I think says it all.

If you're going to buy an expensive piece of crap, buy a Vello, be disgusted and send it back. I didn't send mine back unfortunately. It works, and I hardly ever use them which is why I got it. But I'd much rather have spent the extra bread and have a quality grip.

Apr 27, 2014 at 11:29 PM
kzoockof
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 5d3 Battery Grip

I have the aftermarket grips. In fact, having had a few of them, I don't think I have ever had one not work.

I have an aftermarket for my 5D3 and it seemed to work fine. It came with two after market batteries, which also seemed to work fine (needed a different charger for them though). I still have that extra grip, it takes original and after market batteries and I don't see any operative differences with the "real" Canon grip I subsequently bought.

If you want to buy an after market one, I'll happily sell you mine (I do have a B&S membership, so this is not intended to be some work around to try to sell something).

Apr 29, 2014 at 01:51 PM
Invertalon
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 5d3 Battery Grip

The only beef I have with the OEM Canon Grips are the failing adhesives... My first grip at 6 months old started to bubble and when I sent it in to Canon for repair to re-grip it, they replaced the entire grip.

Now, the replacement at almost a year old is failing... Bubbles forming under the grip material. Only a matter of time before it starts peeling off. I am trying to locate a replacement grip material and adhesive, but not sure if I can... I sent an email to Canon.

I am sure if I send it in, it will cost $100+ to replace the grip. I may just peel it off and use it as-is if it gets bad. Quite sad considering the cost, but we shall see...

Apr 29, 2014 at 02:16 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 5d3 Battery Grip

I've had both authentic grips and aftermarket. All worked well for me. I have/had authentic on 5D and 5D2 and Nikon D300, and aftermarket for 5D2, T2i, 60D and Nikon D7000. I wouldn't hesitate to buy aftermarket grips from a seller with good feedback.

Apr 29, 2014 at 05:42 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.