Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,555!

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,555!

Canon EOS-1D X for $5,599 and EF 24-70 f/4L IS for $919
Ebay's GetItDigital (99.4% positive feedback) has the Canon EOS-1D X body for $5,555

(Regular price: $6,799)

1. Canon EOS-1D X for $5,555

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:15 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,555!

They are not a Canon dealer, so the items are gray market?

EBH

May 16, 2014 at 09:42 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,555!

Now its selling for $5555.00

http://bit.ly/1ozg5dK

May 16, 2014 at 10:03 PM
RogerC11
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,555!

EB-1 wrote:
They are not a Canon dealer, so the items are gray market?

EBH

I bought a 6d from them a few months ago. I called asking if it was gray market and they told me it was a 100% USA model. Not sure if the same applies to the 1dx but I would assume so. You could always call and check.

May 17, 2014 at 07:33 PM
10-75

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,555!

I bought a 1Dx from them about a month ago full well knowing that they were not an authorized dealer. The camera I received was new, with all accessories, and was not part of any of the past or present recalls. It also had the latest firmware too.... The only thing was I did not get a warranty card. I did successfully register the camera with Canon on line and it is my understanding that as long as you have a valid receipt, they will service it under warranty.
I had a 1D MKII prior and then shot with pairs of 5D's , 5D MKII's , and most recently a 5D MKIII and a D800 and I've always wanted to get back into a 1 series body. I recently sold my D800 and purchased the 1DX and now I'm really sorry I didn't do it sooner........ Excellent camera that performs so well for what I do that I don't think I'll be needing to upgrade for a while.......

May 17, 2014 at 09:00 PM
Focus Locus
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,555!

$6,799 - $5,555 = $1,244 extra profit B&H makes per sale of 1 camera? And they sell thousands of these per year? And the cameras need no "selling", as they sell themselves? And there is still enough margin in the camera for GetItDigital to purchase these bodies overseas, pay the US Customs fees, import taxes, shipping, insurance, etc, and still make a profit at $5,555...

No wonder the depreciation is so steep. There's a lot of empty calories in Canon minimum advertised pricing.

May 18, 2014 at 09:53 AM
Gregory Edge
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,555!

Focus Locus wrote:
$6,799 - $5,555 = $1,244 extra profit B&H makes per sale of 1 camera? And they sell thousands of these per year? And the cameras need no "selling", as they sell themselves? And there is still enough margin in the camera for GetItDigital to purchase these bodies overseas, pay the US Customs fees, import taxes, shipping, insurance, etc, and still make a profit at $5,555...

No wonder the depreciation is so steep. There's a lot of empty calories in Canon minimum advertised pricing.

How dare a company make a profit. $1244 profit on $6799 is only 18%. Most retailers shoot for 35-50% gross profit on items.

B&H runs a real brick and mortar store in NYC. It takes up a whole block which can't be cheap. Tons of employees on the sales floor. They print a catalogue which in this day and age is unheard of. They have free shipping on many items.

Also many companies such as Apple, Canon and Nikon have a minimum price they are allowed to sell at. This protects the smaller retailers.

These online eBay stores sell you a camera with murky origins, no warranty card and no brick and mortar location. You expect B&H to match this?

Americans have become so against business it is not funny. If anyone makes money they get bashed for making too much. Yet you here the same people complain that retail workers need to make more money. You can't have low prices and lots of high paid employees.

May 18, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Gary Lee 44
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,555!

What Gregory Edge said!
I have purchased from ebay stores and had problems and all they do is ignore you. On the other hand I have purchased from B&H many times and they always take care of anything that comes up. I'll pay the extra to B&H and know what they say is what I'll get.
Gary

May 18, 2014 at 06:26 PM
MGARDUSA1

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,555!

Support your brick-and-mortar stores. Most times if you just talk to them they would be more than happy to order it for you and probably match the price of a competitor. Of course this is for those that have the option of going to.one.

May 18, 2014 at 06:48 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,555!

MGARDUSA1 wrote:
Support your brick-and-mortar stores. Most times if you just talk to them they would be more than happy to order it for you and probably match the price of a competitor. Of course this is for those that have the option of going to.one.

I've have a great relationship with a brick-and-mortar store and not only do they match B&H pricing...quite often they beat it. Since I have been loyal to this store for over 10 years, I also get the privilege of using their rental pool gratis. See if B&H will provide you with a lens for the weekend for free...good luck with that one.

May 18, 2014 at 09:54 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.