New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Yay or Nay???

NoelSal

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Yay or Nay???

I was trying to be creative with the whole class of 2014. Maybe if I wasnt so close. Does it work for you? Deliver or not to Deliver?
Yay or Nay?

Apr 23, 2014 at 09:39 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Yay or Nay???

She might like it, but the hands are way too hot for me. You've got very nice lighting on her, and if the lighting had been toned way down on her hands, this would definitely work for me. But still, she might love it.

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Yay or Nay???

Yes, the way you have her exposed and focused works for me, but I'm saying nay based on the points Ron mentioned.

It's important that you try shots like this. Keep doing it.

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Yay or Nay???

The hands are a distraction.

Nay.

Apr 23, 2014 at 03:20 PM
hforsber

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Yay or Nay???

I love the photo, but I have to agree with you on being a little too close. Nay.

Apr 23, 2014 at 05:02 PM
bogeybrown

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Yay or Nay???

I'm just a serious amateur, so obviously take that for what it's worth, but I think she'll really like it. The technicalities of her hands being a bit hot aren't even going to occur to her to worry about.

She is beautifully lit and it's an incredibly flattering photo of HER. From this amateur's/consumer's point of view, if that were my daughter I would have that picture on my desk or in my study probably for the rest of my life.

Remember that the critique here is from VERY serious photographers that are going to notice things that most don't. It may not pass muster for a gallery, but for a customer print I really think you did a great job.

As I said, when I apply the "would I like this picture of my daughter" filter to this photo, it's a complete winner.

Apr 24, 2014 at 06:19 AM
NoelSal

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Yay or Nay???

bogeybrown wrote:
I'm just a serious amateur, so obviously take that for what it's worth, but I think she'll really like it. The technicalities of her hands being a bit hot aren't even going to occur to her to worry about.

She is beautifully lit and it's an incredibly flattering photo of HER. From this amateur's/consumer's point of view, if that were my daughter I would have that picture on my desk or in my study probably for the rest of my life.

Remember that the critique here is from VERY serious photographers that are going to notice things that most don't.
...Show more

Thank You and I agree

Apr 24, 2014 at 07:59 AM
yelloguy2
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Yay or Nay???

Yay from me. Good shot. So many times, non-photographer people like what the photographer would have thrown away.

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM
robfactory

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Yay or Nay???

I agree with a comment above. The hands act as a distraction. I would have tried to make them in focus too or just place them on focus and defocus her a bit.

Apr 25, 2014 at 03:43 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.