Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Flower Girl + 1

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Flower Girl + 1

Cross-post from Photo Critique..comments appreciated.

Candid from wedding....

Regards,

Bob

X-Pro1    XF35mmF1.4 R lens    35mm    f/3.2    1/500s    800 ISO    -0.3 EV  

X-Pro1    XF23mmF1.4 R lens    23mm    f/2.5    1/250s    800 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:20 AM
T-bone1
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Flower Girl + 1

She is a lovely young lady, and I especially like the vignette on#1. The lighting and treatment really bring her face and eyes out nicely.

Tim

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Flower Girl + 1

Thanks Tim,

Glad you enjoy the images.

Bob

Apr 24, 2014 at 06:45 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Flower Girl + 1

Bob,
In the second shot, the girl's smile looks forced.
But that first shot is a world-class image! Super in all ways.
Charlie

Apr 25, 2014 at 09:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Flower Girl + 1

Charlie Shugart wrote:
Bob,
In the second shot, the girl's smile looks forced.
But that first shot is a world-class image! Super in all ways.
Charlie

Thank you Charlie,

Appreciate your comments - glad you enjoyed it.

Were I to ask which of the two Mom was encouraging a "smile, show your dimples", bet you can guess the one.

Regards,

Bob

Apr 26, 2014 at 02:33 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Flower Girl + 1

How many guesses can I have, Bob?
It's not a 100% rule, but very few children can give a real smile when they are told to "smile."
As you know, it's much better for someone or something to engage them- and then shoot when you like what you see.
If you want a real smile from a kid- do or say or show them something that makes them smile. Be ready- and be quick.
(Note: when I was taking 60-year+ Americans on tour through China, and couples would ask me to take their pictures with their cameras, I always got smiles when I told them to "think about sex." This might not work with children .)
Although you might ask a girl like this, "What's your husband's name?" Or something equally silly. After one such question, the child would probably be anxiously waiting for another- with a real smile already forming in anticipation. And have several equally silly questions ready. Timing is everything. Play the tyke like a guitar.
Charlie

Bob Jarman wrote:
Thank you Charlie,

Appreciate your comments - glad you enjoyed it.

Were I to ask which of the two Mom was encouraging a "smile, show your dimples", bet you can guess the one.

Regards,

Bob

Apr 26, 2014 at 08:14 PM
peacefrog33756
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Flower Girl + 1

The first one is truly exceptional. Her eyes, the shape of her mouth, the little earring, and the position of her hand...very well done!

Apr 27, 2014 at 09:50 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Flower Girl + 1

peacefrog33756 wrote:
The first one is truly exceptional. Her eyes, the shape of her mouth, the little earring, and the position of her hand...very well done!

Thank you for your very kind comments, but I must admit I had nothing to do with the details you highlight - sometimes things just come together for an instant and that moment coincides with a shutter-press. Thus the challenge and fun!

Regards and thank you again for commenting,

Bob

Apr 27, 2014 at 03:12 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password