New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Fuji for Europe trip and everyday life

Parkertinsley
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji for Europe trip and everyday life

I am planning a trip to France and England this summer and wanted a recommendation of which camera to buy for the trip. Currently I have a canon 6d with a 17-40 f4, 50 f1.4, and 70-200 f2.8 is ii. I am taking that kit along with me for days when all I do is photography but I want a camera to take with me when I can't bother dragging around a dslr. I want the camera to be some what light weight and somewhat compact but I don't want to risk too much drop in image quality. I want to be able to buy a camera that will work on my trip and just something to carry around with me in my everyday life. I want to to be able to shoot primarily street photography but also some landscapes, portraits, photojournalism, and lifestyle photography. Desent auto focus speed is fairly important to me but image quality is my main concern. I am currently looking at the Fuji x system cameras because I love the feel of them (they remind me of my old leica film camera) and the new lenses that fuji is producing appear excellent. I am looking to get either a x100s or a fuji xpro1 with 35 f1.4 and 18 f2 lenses (at least to begin with). What camera should I get and if I do choose the xpro1, what lenses?

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:43 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji for Europe trip and everyday life

I have the X100s and X-E2, as well as shooting Canon with 1DX, 1DIV, and a pair of 6D. I'd take either just the X100s or the X-E2 with XF 14/2.8 (21mm equiv.) and XF 18-55 OIS (27-85mm equiv.). The XF 55-200 OIS is OK, but not up to the L-series 70-200mm zooms (any of them). You don't lose anything with the XF 14mm and XF 18-55mm lenses on X-E2, in comparison with 'similar' lenses on the 6D. In fact, I expect the XF 14mm on X-E2 will be noticeably better at the edges and in the corners than the 17-40L at 21mm on the 6D. The 6D AF and high ISO performance in low light are better than the X-E2 (which is better than the X Pro-1), but these differences are not large, and more-or-less disappear in good light .

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:56 AM
redisburning
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji for Europe trip and everyday life

ddd

Edited on May 01, 2014 at 07:07 PM · View previous versions

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Parkertinsley
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji for Europe trip and everyday life

The price point is too high (even used) for me as of right now.
redisburning wrote:
why not an rx1?

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:48 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.