Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              6       7       end

Archive 2014 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

I've had this vision in my head for a while now and finally decided to get out and make it happen yesterday. We lucked out SO SO much with the weather and the rainbows as they really added to the feel of what I was trying to pull off here.

A quick disclaimer before I post these - my daughter has completed a hunter's safety course and has been taught about firearm safety. She is well within her legal rights to go both shooting and hunting under the supervision of an adult. These guns are not loaded. I am a staunch supporter of our 2A rights. Please keep your comments respectful. If you do not like these, please do me a favor and move along rather than leave rude comments (I've gotten plenty on my Facebook page).

6a

7b I'm re-adding this one because I love it. It took a lot of heat on Facebook. But a dear friend told me that I need to stand behind my work. So here it is again.

Edited on Apr 23, 2014 at 12:31 PM · View previous versions

Apr 20, 2014 at 07:24 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

I would suggest having those prints conspicuously placed around the house for when prospective boyfriends come calling.

Certainly a study in contrasts. Exceptional photography as usual.

Apr 20, 2014 at 07:33 PM
mirandamember
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

Wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Apr 20, 2014 at 07:38 PM
beardedspoooon
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

Great shots! For me, the addition of the firearm doesn't do as much as the contrast between your daughter and the landscape.

My favorite shot is #2.

Apr 20, 2014 at 07:39 PM
aks2023

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

beautiful

Apr 20, 2014 at 07:40 PM
srkbar
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

Lisa, as usual your photos are awesome and a treat to see. Thanks for sharing.

Apr 20, 2014 at 07:47 PM
jeraldcook
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

Fantastic as usual. Nice to see she's been taught proper firearm safety: finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot.

Apr 20, 2014 at 08:03 PM
elliotkramer
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

Sorry for ignoring your admonition. but, I hate the guns. You don't hunt with handguns. Why pose with something whose only purpose is to kill another person. Pictures like this make weapons seem cool - just like photos of the Marlboro man encouraged smoking. This puts your daughter and society as a whole in danger. Otherwise nice.

Apr 20, 2014 at 08:38 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

Thank you everyone. I did post the disclaimer for a reason. I am not looking for nor do I want to hear your anti-gun, anti-freedom drivel. End of story.

Apr 20, 2014 at 08:47 PM
Reagan
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

Great set and the firearms are a great prop
No matter how people feel about them
Glad she is learning how to use them

Reagan

Apr 20, 2014 at 08:56 PM
CRFTony
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

Your photography is always exceptional. The guns add absolutely nothing to the photos and in fact, detract from them. I say that as someone from a family of hunters, a proponent of the Right to Bear Arms, etc. The guns feel like they're placed in the shots simply for shock value. Maybe that was the point, I'm not sure, but I think you needed something to pull it all together to make it work, like different wardrobe, a different setting, etc. Right now, it's just a pretty girl with guns.

Apr 20, 2014 at 09:06 PM
Dave 1234
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

I am not a fan of the addition of the guns. Your daughter is gorgeous, and the contrast with the background is stunning. She stares into a camera lens better than anyone I have seen. Lisa, your work is absolutely beautiful.

Apr 20, 2014 at 09:09 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

No. 2: Have you gone fisheye on us? I'm not normally a fan of fisheye shots, but I am totally digging the look of that shot!

Apr 20, 2014 at 09:10 PM
ronlane
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

Nice set Lisa. I really like the rainbow in the background.

Apr 20, 2014 at 09:16 PM
michaelglenn
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

Composition, posing, and attitude are all spot on for this set. However, the guns don't seem to mesh nicely with what you have here. You have your normal style , but when you add a gun to the equation, it just looks like regular portraits with a random gun added to the image. There needs to be more story/elements to make the gun images more meaningful with what you are trying to convey.

Apr 20, 2014 at 09:21 PM
IsleofGough

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

Edited on Apr 22, 2014 at 08:08 PM · View previous versions

Apr 20, 2014 at 09:26 PM
mdbrown9999
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

All of the shots are great. I really linked the fish-eye effect on 2. Did you use a true fish eye or was that photoshoped? Care to Share?

Apr 20, 2014 at 09:35 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

I did the fisheye with the warp/transform tool and some masking. I don't own a true fisheye lens. It was taken with the 16-35L.

Apr 20, 2014 at 09:42 PM
Robert Moore

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

Very nice. Beautiful as usual. The guns ad a little intrigue

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:06 PM
bobbyv
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · My Stunning Daughter - an experiment in contrast and juxtaposition

jeraldcook wrote:
Fantastic as usual. Nice to see she's been taught proper firearm safety: finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot.

Yep. Great images, and as someone who carries a gun for work I appreciate your common sense gun perspective. With or without the firearm your captures are very nice. Great eyes, sweet bg...and yes...without the guns they'd still be stunning.

Apr 20, 2014 at 11:06 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.