Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

So how many people have this camera?

If a new Canon camera came out that similar specs (let's say the same sensor), would you spend the extra (assumption on my part) for the Canon with a mirror or would you save the difference and stay with or just buy the Sony A7r? It is very intriguing!

Apr 18, 2014 at 03:24 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

You may not have seen this 112 page thread which answers your questions, since as of this writing it is on the third page of the forum index:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1247661

Apr 18, 2014 at 03:29 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

Not me. I would buy a Canon with a mirror. Could care less about FF.

Apr 18, 2014 at 04:02 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

Thanks I did.....but going through 112 pages and many just are commenting, not from experience. I would like to know how many have one...I know Fred has one...but how many others?

In the fall if Canon doesn't come out with something on the 1D platform, then I will pull the trigger on this as long as people continue to have great experience.....

Monito wrote:
You may not have seen this 112 page thread which answers your questions, since as of this writing it is on the third page of the forum index:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1247661

Apr 18, 2014 at 04:02 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

I have not heard of any great experiences, at least with respect to Nature & Wildlife.

Apr 18, 2014 at 04:07 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

I have A7R to work with Canon lenses last two weeks...work pretty well along with my 1Ds2 and 5D2. Some of my limited inputs is here: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1285636

Apr 18, 2014 at 04:08 PM
Dave_EP
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

Imagemaster wrote:
Could care less about FF.

Could or couldn't ?

Apr 18, 2014 at 04:10 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

I had previously read your comments which got me thinking about this camera. I like full frame if the lens isn't degraded by an adapter it does seem to be the best of both worlds. I am curious of other people's experience. There is a sale that Fred posted where the body and sone extras can be had for about $1900.
mttran wrote:
I have A7R to work with Canon lenses last two weeks...work pretty well along with my 1Ds2 and 5D2. Some of my limited inputs is here: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1285636

Apr 18, 2014 at 04:27 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

I do not own one but have read many of the threads on them and it seems to me that most people are pleased with it within the confines of what it is good at. The current build will never tempt people from an event/sports/wildlife perspective but for landscapes/architecture/studio or anything else where manual focus is used it is a nice addition to your tool set.

Apr 18, 2014 at 04:31 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

Herb wrote:
I had previously read your comments which got me thinking about this camera. I like full frame if the lens isn't degraded by an adapter it does seem to be the best of both worlds. I am curious of other people's experience. There is a sale that Fred posted where the body and sone extras can be had for about $1900.

Sound like a great prize. I got my A7R and Metabones in full retail prize. I also have heard that you can get anything you like with 50% OFF from SONY if you know someone working for them. This is maybe the reason why so many of them on Sale now.

Apr 18, 2014 at 04:35 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

Dave_EP wrote:
Could or couldn't ?

I could care less, and couldn't care more. It seems you care a lot.

Apr 18, 2014 at 04:45 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

Imagemaster wrote:
I could care less, and couldn't care more.

Ah, since you could care less than you are now, there is actually a lower level of caring about it that you might arrive at, meaning you do care some about it.

And we can see that since you could not care more than you do now, there is no higher possible level of caring about it than where you are now, which logically means you care tremendously about it.

Apr 18, 2014 at 04:51 PM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

Yeah, exciting Canon news in this forum these days come from a competitive Sony camera . You should have used the poll option when starting this thread to count how many here now use the A7 series . I bought the A7R without regrets. Now Canon has to come with something much better (which I doubt will happen) to let me look into a new Canon camera.

Apr 18, 2014 at 06:29 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

Imagemaster wrote:
I have not heard of any great experiences, at least with respect to Nature & Wildlife.

They obviously are not made for Nature & Wildlife. I've seen some amazing landscape shots taken with the camera.

Just wondering what in this camera lead you even think it is designed for wildlife...especially if you neec fast AF and tracking.

Sort of saying the new medium format Pentax sucks at BIF.

Apr 18, 2014 at 06:34 PM
tsdevine
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

I shoot landscapes, and really like the a7R. Not sure what Canon (realistically) could do at this point. Still have quite a few EF mount lenses, but my interest lies in FE as more come out.

-Tim

Apr 18, 2014 at 06:38 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

I have the A7r, got it strictly for landscape. Been very busy of late so I have not tried it out much in the field but just fooling around with my Zeiss lens the first thing that comes to my mind is how nice it is to manually focus again. There is not one single Canon camera that comes close when it comes to manual focus using a viewfinder.

I'll be giving my A7R a good run in two weeks when I am venturing to the Portland area for some waterfall expeditions.

Apr 18, 2014 at 06:39 PM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

Next step for me: keeping Canon wide angle and TSE lenses, but starting replacing others with smaller rangefinder lenses.

Apr 18, 2014 at 06:51 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

chez wrote:
Just wondering what in this camera lead you even think it is designed for wildlife...especially if you neec fast AF and tracking.

Duh. I guess you haven't heard of stationary nature or wildlife.

Apr 18, 2014 at 07:04 PM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

Imagemaster wrote:
Duh. I guess you haven't heard of stationary nature or wildlife.

Yes. Padded eagles in a studio.

Apr 18, 2014 at 07:08 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · How many people have the Sony A7r with Canon lens?

chez wrote:
I have the A7r, got it strictly for landscape. Been very busy of late so I have not tried it out much in the field but just fooling around with my Zeiss lens the first thing that comes to my mind is how nice it is to manually focus again. There is not one single Canon camera that comes close when it comes to manual focus using a viewfinder.

I'll be giving my A7R a good run in two weeks when I am venturing to the Portland area for some waterfall expeditions.

Don't forget to explore the coach in early morning ...the misty waves plus light fog scenes are amazing. I have been there in early summer of 80. Enjoys

Apr 18, 2014 at 07:14 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.