Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Need bag for 6D+3 lens for India trip

mjoshi
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Need bag for 6D+3 lens for India trip

I need a bag that is not too big (restriction in domestic carry-on bag in india is 16lbs) but still provide ample amount of protection. Planning to carry 6D + Sigma 35F1.4 + Canon 100L + Tamron 24-70 (maybe) for a very short one week trip to India.
Any suggestions ?

Apr 18, 2014 at 07:05 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Need bag for 6D+3 lens for India trip

I really like the LowePro Pro Messenger 180AW and the Pro Messenger 200AW. Both will be good for one camera and 3 lenses

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1234186/0

Apr 18, 2014 at 07:29 PM
Spikey131

p.1 #3 · Need bag for 6D+3 lens for India trip

I have a Lowepro Flipside 300. It is probably bigger than you need but they make a "200" which is smaller.

It fits under the seat on the airline. It is great for travel because the zipper to the main compartment is next to your back, so no one can open it when you are wearing it. It has a system to swing it around to your hip if you want to take something out without taking the pack off completely.

I carry a 6D, 24-105L, 70-200L f/2.8 II, 14 f/2.8, 50 f/1.4, a flash and various filters, batteries, etc.

Apr 20, 2014 at 04:41 PM
Alexluu627

p.1 #4 · Need bag for 6D+3 lens for India trip

Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home.

Apr 24, 2014 at 03:35 PM
badtzsan

p.1 #5 · Need bag for 6D+3 lens for India trip

lowepro messenger 200

Apr 24, 2014 at 06:40 PM
Xavier Rival
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Need bag for 6D+3 lens for India trip

For such a trip, I would choose either my Think Tank Retrospective 7 (messenger bag) or my Think Tank Urban Disguise 35 (can be used either as a backpack or as a shoulder bag ---very convenient both when travelling and when shooting--- but the equipment is a bit less accessible as the camera + lens mounted go over another lens, with a protective padding in between, that needs to get removed when shooting, to make that lens accessible). Both are fairly compact for what they can hold.

Last year, I travelled to India with a 5D2 + ZE 21, 24-105 L and 40/2.8, and chose to use the UD 35, as I was (rightfully) expecting to do a fair bit of hiking (through airports and cities), and as I needed to carry laptop, iPad, many documents...

Apr 24, 2014 at 09:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

myaeroplace

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Need bag for 6D+3 lens for India trip

My Domke F-832 can comfortably fit my 6D, flash, and three or four lenses. It could also fit my MBA in the front pocket. I love the bag and would highly recommend it. About $100 on Amazon.

Apr 28, 2014 at 02:53 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Need bag for 6D+3 lens for India trip

I'll suggest the TT Retrospective 7, or one of the Lowepro bags that Lars mentioned. I switch between my trusty old Domke F2; when carrying lots of gear, or the Retro7 when a smaller kit is in order.

Normally a 'day' kit consists of a gripped 40D or 7D, 17-40L, 100L IS and 70-200 f4L IS, a 580 EXII flash as well; when needed; with a 50 f1.4 stuffed in a jacket pocket. This bag has a zippered pocket for a 7inch tablet or iPad, and you can add a pouch to each end if you need more room. I use two of TT's light weight skins, carry a water bottle in one and snacks in the other when out for a longish shoot.

My evening, low light kit is usually 3 or 4 primes, I don't have any f2.8 zooms as they are too bulky/heavy for me. This kit is much lighter and has plenty of extra room, enough for a 2nd body if needed.

Good luck choosing,
Jerry

Apr 28, 2014 at 08:04 PM
Herb
• • •
p.1 #9 · Need bag for 6D+3 lens for India trip

Me, I like a regular ole Jansport backpack.....won't look like a camera bag.......has lots of room for other things, doesn't cost a lot of money......by the way, all my camera bodies go in one of these... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matin-M7284-Neoprene-Camera-Body-Case-L-/310695672323?pt=US_Camera_Cases_Bags&hash=item4856e7ba03

The large is for the cameras with a grip and the medium would fit a Canon 6D for instance. The cameras go int these neoprene "gloves" and the lens all go in the leather Canon lens bags......no problems.....

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:49 PM
demdo
• •
p.1 #10 · Need bag for 6D+3 lens for India trip

I really recommend traveling light. I've backpacked through India; Delhi to Mumbai a couple years back. You'll have a lot of people following you especially if you're on your own. Pick pocketing is very easy especially in crowded areas. Go with a simple bag or backpack and just include dividers. Your typical name brand bags are so easy to spot even though they may be marketed as urban.

mjoshi wrote:
I need a bag that is not too big (restriction in domestic carry-on bag in india is 16lbs) but still provide ample amount of protection. Planning to carry 6D + Sigma 35F1.4 + Canon 100L + Tamron 24-70 (maybe) for a very short one week trip to India.
Any suggestions ?

Apr 29, 2014 at 02:43 AM
Thats Fresh
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Need bag for 6D+3 lens for India trip

Lowepro Messenger 200 gets my vote as well. Double velcro closure and canvas type material to withstand the heat and rain if any in India. Also looks like a regular bag and doesn't scream 'photographer'

Here's my review for it.
http://youtu.be/scAX1MmGsgQ

Apr 29, 2014 at 02:34 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password