New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Contax 645 to Canon EF Adapter Initial Impression

sxgva
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Contax 645 to Canon EF Adapter Initial Impression

I found his adapter info on a Chinese photo forum. He has his adapters on sale on taobao (Chinese eBay), and he does have a paypal account. You can contact him directly for availability and price, and pay him directly on paypal.

Fortunately I got one of his first batch of Nikon adapter. You can ask him when he will have the next batch available. The shipping company he uses is very fast.

Oct 29, 2014 at 07:50 PM
phuang3
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Contax 645 to Canon EF Adapter Initial Impression

hi sxgva,

I am glad you finally got this adapter!

Oct 29, 2014 at 08:55 PM
skydynamics88

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Contax 645 to Canon EF Adapter Initial Impression

Im planning to use C645 lenses on the 1Ds mark III. Does anyone know about the Kipon autofocus adapter from Adorama?

Oct 06, 2016 at 03:34 PM
JamesPTao

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Contax 645 to Canon EF Adapter Initial Impression

By far the best solution (albeit a the more expensive option) would be either getting a contax 645 lens or N series lens converted via Conurus for canon or nikon. It is not an adapter but actually modifies the lens and mount to work natively with the system. Very nice and retain all functions.

Oct 06, 2016 at 05:50 PM
phuang3
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Contax 645 to Canon EF Adapter Initial Impression

JamesPTao wrote:
By far the best solution (albeit a the more expensive option) would be either getting a contax 645 lens or N series lens converted via Conurus for canon or nikon. It is not an adapter but actually modifies the lens and mount to work natively with the system. Very nice and retain all functions.

That's a very expensive route. You almost paid double to achieve the same result. What I heard is that the designer is working on a tilt-shift version of this adapter. It could be a better option for C645 lenses.

Oct 06, 2016 at 11:11 PM
n.nguyen
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Contax 645 to Canon EF Adapter Initial Impression

I purchased a Kipon adapter and it works well. You need to calibrate the camera back focus to +6.

Oct 07, 2016 at 06:20 PM
marc aurel

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Contax 645 to Canon EF Adapter Initial Impression

A question to the owners of this adapter:

Has anybody ever tried to use the Jasring Contax 645 - Canon EF - Adapter on the Cambo Actus with Cambos Canon lens board with electronic aperture control?
Does the aperture control work?
How much shift can you get without vignetting from the adapter?

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:32 PM
phuang3
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Contax 645 to Canon EF Adapter Initial Impression

marc aurel wrote:
A question to the owners of this adapter:

Has anybody ever tried to use the Jasring Contax 645 - Canon EF - Adapter on the Cambo Actus with Cambos Canon lens board with electronic aperture control?

I not the owner of Cambo Actus and its accessories, but I can say the Canon lens board is just a wire extension of the lens contacts. It should work fine.

Feb 13, 2017 at 07:44 PM
joel dowling
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Contax 645 to Canon EF Adapter Initial Impression

So...where does this leave EOS R users? I’m sitting on a case of Contax 645 lenses and want to put them to use!

Aug 06, 2019 at 07:56 PM
Audii-Dudii
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Contax 645 to Canon EF Adapter Initial Impression

marc aurel wrote:

I don't have a Jasring C645 to EF adapter, so can't speak to whether it works with Cambo's smart lens panel. But I recently acquired Kipon's version of this adapter and in my experience with it thus far, it works well with Cambo's lens panel:

As for the range of movements that can be achieved using these adapters in series with C645 lenses, due to the small throat diameter of the EF lens mount, hints of vignetting typically start to appear around the 15 mm range, even though most C645 lenses project image circles that are large enough to support a slightly larger range of movements.

For example, the photo below (which is straight from Raw Therapee using its default settings) was taken with the 45/f2.8 at f8 and 15 mm (!) of rear fall -- the maximum amount possible with the Actus B version I have -- applied:

Note: The slightly asymmetrical vignetting visible was due to the carbon fiber lens mount panel being installed slightly crooked on my modified Actus camera, which can be seen in the photo above and which I have since adjusted away.

As ever, though, YMMV!

Dec 19, 2020 at 08:08 PM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.