New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Corsetry Fashion

rongwam
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Corsetry Fashion

I post-processed this image with dark gray background. I photographed this model with a set of corset and a fashion hat. C&C are welcome. Thanks.

Apr 16, 2014 at 02:15 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Corsetry Fashion

I like the actual model shot, but the added background make everything look like the woman was pasted on to the background.

Maybe add some subtle variation to make the background less flat?

Cheers,

Jeff

Apr 16, 2014 at 02:18 PM
Almass
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Corsetry Fashion

Beautiful model.

Minor and major issues:

1- Minor
- Bits and pieces protruding which need cloning out.

2- Major
- Crop at the knee should be avoided.
- Light leak on the bum/thigh should have been flagged out.
- Pony tail hair very untidy
- White arm in front and black arm back is creating an off balance as now the white arm looks fatter.....nevermind the gloves are not at the same arm level as well.
- Her left eye is darker than the right eye.
- Body upper need to be more twisted to create an S figure. With a Corset we need to see the Violin figure.
- Why so many lights? She is over lit.

Apr 16, 2014 at 03:47 PM
rongwam
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Corsetry Fashion

Thank you for your suggestions, Almas! I agree with you about cloning out the pits and pieces protruding, the untidy pony tail, and the eye darkness. However, the crop was not at her knee. The rim light was created instead of the light leak. Perhaps the gloves positioned at two different levels created an illusion that the white arm looks fatter than the black one. Appreciated your input though!

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:27 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Corsetry Fashion

rongwam wrote:
Perhaps the gloves positioned at two different levels created an illusion that the white arm looks fatter than the black one.

You can reduce the distortion effect by using a longer lens (or zoom setting) and making the image from a greater distance. There occasionally is a good reason to shoot portrait with normal lens length, but in general portraits are usually better made from a distance that requires a longer than normal lens to fill the frame properly.

Apr 17, 2014 at 05:21 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.