Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Canola Star

Milan Hutera
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canola Star

I haven't posted anything here in a while. I took this photo a few days ago just outside our village. The canola is really growing fast this year because of warm winter. However it was very cold and windy that day. It gave me an opportunity to test some of my new gear - namely the Canon 16-35 f2,8 L II and Nec SpectraView 232 monitor (hopefully I won't have to return this one - I see some subtle vertical stripes on it). I still have to figure out how to calibrate that thing. I already did it 3 times and each time I'm not entirely happy with colors. They either look too yellow or too white. Hopefully this photo looks OK.

See it on my website: http://milanhutera.com/portfolio/canola-star/

Tech: Canon 1D Mark IV, Canon 16-35 f2,8L II, CPL, 16mm, f11, 3 blended exposures for DR

Apr 16, 2014 at 07:03 PM
roger1
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canola Star

very nice Milan. You nailed it

Apr 16, 2014 at 07:07 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canola Star

Oh my, looking forward to canola season now. We are a little ways off yet. It could be the landscape but if feels like it is leaning unlevel. Great blending!

Apr 16, 2014 at 07:18 PM
JimKied
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canola Star

Get the unlevel leaning part, but oh, my!, this is a great shot. Colors look fine on my monitor.

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canola Star

Very beautiful shot. I love the sunstar. I would clone the object on the right of the photo.

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Milan Hutera
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canola Star

Thank you very much for your comments.

Scott and Jim - yes, the photo appears to be leaning to the right. It's the kind of hills we have just outside our village. It descends from left to right and it's not very visible in this photo. I decided to keep it that way and not level it. Next time, I'll try to go somewhere near the two bushes that can be seen to the right of the sunstar. The hills are a bit steeper there.

Jonathan - thank you. I'm not sure which object you had in mind. The small "thing" on the very right edge are trees, located behind a hill about 2 kilometers away. I might take a look at it and clone it out.

Apr 17, 2014 at 09:07 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canola Star

Soweet! love it

Apr 17, 2014 at 03:17 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jcarlson

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canola Star

Whoa! Amazing shot.

Apr 17, 2014 at 05:54 PM
Milan Hutera
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canola Star

Sunny, Jcarlson - thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Apr 18, 2014 at 08:40 PM
titas

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canola Star

It's a gorgeous one Milan. The color looks awesome to me. Also, nice to see it's all Canon gear and not Nikon/Sony

Apr 18, 2014 at 08:51 PM
lionking
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canola Star

I like it a lot!
Well done!

Andrey

Apr 18, 2014 at 09:32 PM
tmil

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canola Star

Love the starburst effect.

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Milan Hutera
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canola Star

Apologies for the late reply - thank you again for your kind comments.

Titas - thanks Canon gear is still capable of taking decent photos, even though gearheads tend to think otherwise . Sure, the Sonikon has a bit more resolution and a bit more dynamic range (both of which are very helpful in landscape photography), but 16 megapixels can produce beautiful 24x36" prints. And even with latest and greatest from Sonikon, I'd have to use blending for this one. So I don't plan to switch anytime soon

Apr 20, 2014 at 06:42 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canola Star

cool starburst !

Apr 20, 2014 at 09:55 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password