Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

[question] Induro GHB2 vs Wimberley WH-200 vs. Jobu Mk III

Mstic
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · [question] Induro GHB2 vs Wimberley WH-200 vs. Jobu Mk III

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I wanted to know if anybody had experience with at least two of the products? I'll be using a canon 500mm II. Did it ever break down or what was the longevity of the product? Were any of the products loose after tightening with your lens? Did anybody find the measurement markers on the Induro useful?

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.

Apr 16, 2014 at 04:05 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · [question] Induro GHB2 vs Wimberley WH-200 vs. Jobu Mk III

I'm sure the Induro is ok. But it's to close in price to the Wimberley and Jobu to make it a good buy (IMO).
I can't see what you would gain with the measurement marking on it either. Depending on what lens/camera combo you will use, you slide it up/down where the measurement marking is to get the right balance. What would you gain if seeing 2,3 or 3,2 on the scale ?
When the price difference is rather small between those gimbals, why not go with the original products from Wimberley or Jobu. It's easy to see that the Induro is just an exact "copy" of the Wimberley head.
And there are 10 or 15 other Chinese or S.E.Asian heads that are "copies" of the Wimberley head. And they only cost $100-$150. So why buy a copy that cost nearly $ 500?

Apr 17, 2014 at 07:44 AM
arbitrage
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · [question] Induro GHB2 vs Wimberley WH-200 vs. Jobu Mk III

I'm a fan of the Jobu but then it is the only one I've used or owned. However, a photographer that I met in Haines tried my Jobu out and he had the Wimberley, he felt the Jobu was smoother to operate and I have read that before. I think I'd go either Wimberley or Jobu and you can't go wrong with either.

I got the HD3 Jobu but also the part to turn it into a side mount instead of a swing arm if I want to carry less weight. It is just one extra part (clamp) to have both options with the Jobu.

Apr 17, 2014 at 03:22 PM
Mstic
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · [question] Induro GHB2 vs Wimberley WH-200 vs. Jobu Mk III

I was looking at the Jobu website and they mention the HD3 being able to support a 600mm lens but is there a significant difference between the HD3 and Pro2? Thanks.

Apr 17, 2014 at 08:56 PM
egd5
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · [question] Induro GHB2 vs Wimberley WH-200 vs. Jobu Mk III

I have the Induro and I think it is great. I've never had a wimberly, but a good friend had one and I used it a couple of times. To me the Induro is identical and it was about $100 cheaper IIRC. It is built extremely well and functions perfectly.

Apr 22, 2014 at 01:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mstic
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · [question] Induro GHB2 vs Wimberley WH-200 vs. Jobu Mk III

Hi egd5, For both products, when you tighten the knobs, does the lens move around? or slip? Thanks.

Apr 22, 2014 at 01:28 AM
onesickpuppy
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · [question] Induro GHB2 vs Wimberley WH-200 vs. Jobu Mk III

mystic.....I started with a wimberley version one , then to the current version.
I started with a version one of the canon 400 2.8 at over 14 lbs
Both versions handled the weight well, offered smooth action and could lock the lens down tight.

I often carry the lens locked down on the tripod back to the site or the car with the wimberley never loosening up.

A close friend has the Induro version and his does an excellent job as well.

Either will serve you well.....

Apr 22, 2014 at 03:48 AM
Mstic
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · [question] Induro GHB2 vs Wimberley WH-200 vs. Jobu Mk III

Thanks for the info!

Apr 22, 2014 at 09:07 AM
RoyC
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · [question] Induro GHB2 vs Wimberley WH-200 vs. Jobu Mk III

Mstic wrote:
Hi egd5, For both products, when you tighten the knobs, does the lens move around? or slip? Thanks.

If the lens/body are properly balanced, they do not move around after being positioned even when all of the nobs are loose. It is a gimbal after all.

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:34 PM
egd5
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · [question] Induro GHB2 vs Wimberley WH-200 vs. Jobu Mk III

Like RoyC says, the lens stays solid and if everything is level/balanced moves with only the touch of a finger to wherever you want it.

Apr 22, 2014 at 09:13 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password