FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Flesh Fly Through Printing Nikkor 105mm

e6filmuser
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Flesh Fly Through Printing Nikkor 105mm

My first flash macro session of the season. Not everything went too well but this was a decent result. The lens is supposed to be exceptionally good at f5.6 and wider but even f8 nomioinal)scarcely gave enough DOF. As I have to remove the VF-2, high-definition viewfinder to use the flash, focus is a bit hit and miss. FOV ca 20mm wide.

Harold

Unidentified Sarcophagidae

Apr 16, 2014 at 06:40 AM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Flesh Fly Through Printing Nikkor 105mm

Excellence for first flash micro session, you done well.

Apr 16, 2014 at 08:14 PM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Flesh Fly Through Printing Nikkor 105mm

Jonathan Huynh wrote:
Excellence for first flash micro session, you done well.

Thanks, Jonathan.

First one this year and with this lens. I think, with other shots, I was a bit careless about checking that the flash had fully recharged and I had quite a few double images. A smaller aperture will be better at eliminating any daylight exposure component.

Seeing what is in focus on th rear sceen in sunlight is extremely dificult. I am gong to have to get a camera which has a full-time high-definition viewfinder and full-time hot shoe. I need an E-M1!

Harold

Apr 17, 2014 at 01:28 AM
philshoots
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Flesh Fly Through Printing Nikkor 105mm

Harold when shooting in bright light with the evf I go the large format view camera route and throw whatever's at hand over my head, jacket, towel, you name it. It gets the job done with the added benefit of hiding my frightening mug!

Phil

Apr 17, 2014 at 03:09 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Flesh Fly Through Printing Nikkor 105mm

philshoots wrote:
Harold when shooting in bright light with the evf I go the large format view camera route and throw whatever's at hand over my head, jacket, towel, you name it. It gets the job done with the added benefit of hiding my frightening mug!

Phil

I have used the black cloth routine and may have to perform it again. Part of the problem is a fairly even coating of what looks like dried slime over the screen. I must find out what will shift it.

Harold

Apr 17, 2014 at 07:47 AM
redpanda28

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Flesh Fly Through Printing Nikkor 105mm

Nice capture

Apr 19, 2014 at 11:20 PM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Flesh Fly Through Printing Nikkor 105mm

redpanda28 wrote:
Nice capture

Thanks. That one was cooperative. The one I tried to shoot during the next session would not keep still for long enough.

That session made me concerned about how good a season this might be. It seemed a perfect day but there were very few insects around. The Bee-Flies were the exception.

Harold

Apr 20, 2014 at 02:27 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.