Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Olympus 28mm Zuiko Auto-W F/3.5 Question?

billsamuels
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Olympus 28mm Zuiko Auto-W F/3.5 Question?

I have an older Olympus 28mm Manual Focus F/3.5 lens that I used to use all the time for almost everything I ever took, mostly landscape. I had an Olympus OM-2S. It was one of the best lenses I ever used, but of course, it was old-school and since then, I've turned hard-core Canon DSLR and only get L lenses.

I recently got a lens adapter and I'm wondering what people think of this Olympus lens compared to today? Is it a good quality lens compared to what's available? My guess is it's NOT an "L" quality lens, but how does it stand up against the non-L Canon and other lenses when used with Full-Frame cameras?

Also, do the modern Olympus cameras even fit the older Olympus-Zuko lenses and if so, does anyone even use them anymore? If so, how do they compare with these newer Olympus lenses?

Olympus users, please do tell.

Apr 15, 2014 at 03:33 PM
redisburning
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Olympus 28mm Zuiko Auto-W F/3.5 Question?

ddd

Edited on May 01, 2014 at 07:13 PM · View previous versions

Apr 15, 2014 at 04:33 PM
billsamuels
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Olympus 28mm Zuiko Auto-W F/3.5 Question?

I also have the 50mm F/1.8 and that's a good lens but I don't have much use for that unless it's inside. I also have a 100-300mm Asanuma Zoom which I seems like a good lens, but I've never really used it before and I also have a cheaper off-brand 500mm mirror lens which I do use w/ my Canon because it has an A-mount, so it was easy to buy a Canon mount to re-mount it for my Canon. In fact, I was using it last night for the moon eclipse. Not the best photos, but it's small and light compared to the big heavy Asanuma Zoom. I should try the Olympus to Canon mount on the Asanuma and see how good of a lens it is compared to the 500 mm lens.

Apr 15, 2014 at 06:41 PM
dthrog00
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Olympus 28mm Zuiko Auto-W F/3.5 Question?

Not the largest group of samples, but here's the Zuiko 28mm f/3.5 on Canon 6D on my Fllickr page.

Dave

Apr 15, 2014 at 07:21 PM
michael49
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Olympus 28mm Zuiko Auto-W F/3.5 Question?

I'm using my 28 3.5 on a Sony A7 and I'm quite pleased with its performance.....

f/8.....
http://brownphotography.smugmug.com/photos/i-Xp5xM8j/0/XL/i-Xp5xM8j-XL.jpg

f/3.5...
http://brownphotography.smugmug.com/photos/i-HWWkTpf/0/XL/i-HWWkTpf-XL.jpg

Apr 15, 2014 at 07:32 PM
billsamuels
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Olympus 28mm Zuiko Auto-W F/3.5 Question?

Oh how I can't wait to be able to post some of my photos on this site. I have thousands of photos, most film from this lens, but I just started using it with my Canon 6D, so I really need to start looking at the photos the lens does with digital.

Apr 15, 2014 at 07:44 PM
billsamuels
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Olympus 28mm Zuiko Auto-W F/3.5 Question?

billsamuels wrote:
Oh how I can't wait to be able to post some of my photos on this site. I have thousands of photos, most film from this lens, but I just started using it with my Canon 6D, so I really need to start looking at the photos the lens does with digital.

Beautiful stunning pictures with this lens!!! I think I may try to take some photos this week with this lens. So different to go from using it with film on my Olympus to digital full-frame with my Canon 6D.

Apr 15, 2014 at 07:46 PM
dthrog00
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Olympus 28mm Zuiko Auto-W F/3.5 Question?

The basic fotodiox OM to EOS adapter for approx. $15 has worked fairly well for me so far. Best of luck!

Dave

Apr 15, 2014 at 08:00 PM
dbehrens
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Olympus 28mm Zuiko Auto-W F/3.5 Question?

I've been very happy with my OM 28mm f/3.5. Its sharp, contrasty with that good Olympus signature for color. Its sharper than my two OM 21mm f/3.5's (SC and MC) or my Minolta MD Rokkor 24mm f/2.8. I also compared it with my very sharp Canon 28-70L f/2.8 and it shoots sharper at f/5.6, on par at f/8 but the Canon edged out at f/16.
Dave

Apr 15, 2014 at 08:34 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.