Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Possible to mount camera on AVENGER stand?

BostonGreg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Possible to mount camera on AVENGER stand?

Is it possible to mount a ballhead or any other kind of camera bracket onto an Avenger stand? This is for our photo booth and I do not want to use a bulky tripod.

Please let me know if you do this and I would love to see a photo of your setup. Thanks!

Here are the stands we have:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/611435-REG/Avenger_A5017_A5017_Roller_Stand_17.html

Apr 15, 2014 at 05:56 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Possible to mount camera on AVENGER stand?

how about a stud -> 1/4 or 3/8 adaptor like this.......

http://www.manfrotto.us/rapid-adapter-converts-5-8-stud-17mm-long-1-4-20m-thread

Apr 15, 2014 at 06:23 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Possible to mount camera on AVENGER stand?

I'd use a Manfrotto super clamp and double-ball 'head', with a small A-S QR base clamp, as shown below. You could use a longer 'magic arm' instead of the double-ball head, which gives more freedom for positioning the camera, but it's a bit less rigid. I'd definitely use a 'variable friction' magic arm, not the lever-clamp type, unless you want to set once and leave alone until you tear it down.

Apr 15, 2014 at 08:17 PM
BostonGreg
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Possible to mount camera on AVENGER stand?

Wow, that's awesome. This is exactly what I'd like to do. I could mount the camera AND the Profoto B1 head to the same stand. This way, we will only have one ugly stand rather than two. I want to keep this setup as clean and simple as possible and this is a great idea. Thnks

Apr 15, 2014 at 09:28 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Possible to mount camera on AVENGER stand?

much better idea! I thought of super clamp but didn't find the double ball widget.

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:08 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password