Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Unexpected Sleep Cycle: Canon 1Dx-Odin-580ex II

John Caldwell
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Unexpected Sleep Cycle: Canon 1Dx-Odin-580ex II

For the life of me, I can't figure out what component of my signal path is going to sleep. The symptom is that the speed lights fail to fire with the camera shutter after about a 1-2 minute down time, but awaken immediately thereafter - until the next 1 minute of downtime.

Components are: Canon 1Dx, Odin Transmitter, 6 Canon 580ex II units with each connected to an Odin receiver by way of hotshoe. Sleep is disabled on all 580ex units, and they appear visibly "On" at all times. The Odin transmitter radio appears "On" at all times and has no "sleep" state that I know of, and the Odin receivers appear "On" and have no sleep state. The 1Dx sleep cycle is set at 15 minutes, and the camera is clearly not asleep, as it is visibly powered on and the shutter reacts immediately. All 580ex flashes each have crisp batteries, and an external battery pack as well. It makes no difference how the 1Dx shutter is bing triggered: Manually from the camera body, from a hard-wired remote switch, or by Pocket Wizard Plus II radios.

But clearly I am missing some component, or some interaction between components, that is going to sleep.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

With many thanks,

John Caldwell

Apr 14, 2014 at 06:12 PM
nholloman

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Unexpected Sleep Cycle: Canon 1Dx-Odin-580ex II

Hi John,

I am having the same issues with my Odin. Did you ever figure anything out on this?

May 26, 2014 at 01:10 PM
John Caldwell
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Unexpected Sleep Cycle: Canon 1Dx-Odin-580ex II

No solution found.

May 26, 2014 at 09:00 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password