Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

#601 Paparazzi practice.

gregfixit
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #601 Paparazzi practice.

I have been trying to figure out how to pay for all this camera gear I have been accumulating and I realized that paparazzi photographers make big money! So I have been practicing taking photos from great distances with very little light. So here is a great 400mm shot of my girlfriend (Standing in for Beyonce').

Let the bidding begin.

Good luck to all this week.
Greg

gdgood photography 2014

It could be Beyonce

Canon EOS-1D X    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2x lens    400mm    f/5.6    1/1000s    65535 ISO    -1.7 EV  

Apr 14, 2014 at 01:51 AM
DianeinCR
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #601 Paparazzi practice.

Got the biggest kick out of your take on this week's WA!

Got such a kick out of your paparazzi shot... we as a society are so drawn to gawking at celebrity, especially in private moments.

I enjoyed your use of the globed lighting and the personal moment in front of a mirror. Well thought out take on this weeks assignment!

Apr 14, 2014 at 03:43 PM
pike40
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #601 Paparazzi practice.

Nice take on the theme this week Greg, great job creating that film grain look, but I am pretty sure that is Cher not Beyonce.

Mike

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:39 PM
gregfixit
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #601 Paparazzi practice.

Thanks Diane and Mike.
This shot was pretty much sooc. Just a little cropping and a touch of a color tweak. I was disappointed when the EXIF data didn't report my ISO of 205K. (ACR reports it as such)
I opened the JPEG first and it looked horrible. But when I opened the RAW file I was pleased with the result. Years ago I used ISO 1600 film and the images looked a lot like this one. Gotta love technology.
Thanks for the comments.
Greg

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:03 AM
Bill Sutherland
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #601 Paparazzi practice.

Good luck in your new career Greg. You should do well judging by this result!

Apr 15, 2014 at 03:02 AM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password