FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Patagonia landscape

richardfromla
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Patagonia landscape

We were actually shooting the Fitz Roy range in the opposite direction but turned around to capture this lovely canyon and river view.

Sunrise-over-El-Canyon,-Los-Glaciares-National-Park,-Patagonia,-Argentina

Apr 11, 2014 at 06:34 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Patagonia landscape

Hey Richard,

It's always a good idea to turn around while shooting. Good job on doing that. I like what you saw here, but I think your composition feels cut off with the way that brush is getting cut off along the right side. Do you have anything that is wider?

Jim

Apr 11, 2014 at 09:07 PM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Patagonia landscape

unfortunately this is one of those times that breaking the rule of thirds wasn't such a great idea. the half sky and half earth just doesn't work for me.

i would have gone wider and poked my cameras over the edge and angled down to capture more of the flow of the river and balance the comp more.

Apr 11, 2014 at 09:09 PM
richardfromla
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Patagonia landscape

It was a very long way down a very, very steep drop. Sure death if you misstep. lol

This was as wide as my 24-70 would go. I could have gone to the 14-24 but I needed 5 stops of nd grad to hold back that horizon as it is and the grads won't cover that enormous bulb front on the nikon 14-24 so this was what I could get. Which I quite like, btw. Sorry it doesn't work for you.

Apr 12, 2014 at 01:48 AM
richardfromla
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Patagonia landscape

Sorry Jim. that's as wide as the 24-70 would go. I needed 5 stops of grad nd to hold back the horizon as it was. That's the big drawback of the 14-24: grads are too small for that huge 2.8 snout. Best I could do.

Perhaps I could have rotated to the right to give that bush more room. Something to think about.

Thanks for the critique.

Apr 12, 2014 at 01:50 AM
kentwaller
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Patagonia landscape

excellent color - flows nicely.

Apr 12, 2014 at 09:00 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.