New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · D4s Group Area AF for soccer

hfphoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D4s Group Area AF for soccer

I have the opportunity to use a D4s to shot a few soccer matches this weekend. I've not shot with a D4, or D4s, before. I see the D4s has a new autofocus mode, Group Area. I was wondering if anyone has experience shooting sports with AF mode.

Apr 11, 2014 at 05:47 AM
4mpx
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D4s Group Area AF for soccer

Yep, the new Group Area AF mode works really well with sports :

http://s14.postimg.org/69l1c9dwh/4_SA4884.jpg

http://s27.postimg.org/ugzx25hqb/4_SA3858_SOOC.jpg

Apr 11, 2014 at 06:30 AM
hfphoto

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D4s Group Area AF for soccer

Well, renting the D4s was a bit of mistake. Now I will be obsessed with figuring out some way (legal) of coming up with the money to by one. As a nascent sports shooter (my kids basketball, soccer and baseball), I have no right to covet this camera but the number of keepers (in terms of focus) compared to what I normally get was significant. The frame rate, compared to my D800, also enabled me to better capture the moment of most significant visual impact.

The likelihood I'll be able to justify spending this much money on my hobby is slim, but one can dream.

Apr 13, 2014 at 08:50 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D4s Group Area AF for soccer

hfphoto wrote:
Well, renting the D4s was a bit of mistake. Now I will be obsessed with figuring out some way (legal) of coming up with the money to by one. As a nascent sports shooter (my kids basketball, soccer and baseball), I have no right to covet this camera but the number of keepers (in terms of focus) compared to what I normally get was significant. The frame rate, compared to my D800, also enabled me to better capture the moment of most significant visual impact.

The likelihood I'll be able to justify spending this much money on my hobby is slim,
...Show more

First sell the D800. Now you only need 4K. Maybe sell the car and you're there. Easy peasy.

Apr 13, 2014 at 10:52 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.