FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · "Isn't it YOUR Factory Butte?"

Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · "Isn't it YOUR Factory Butte?"

While we were driving back from Hanksville after filling the car, my friend screamed. "Look at it. Isn't it YOUR Factory Butte?". She emphasized the word "YOUR". That morning's sunrise photograph of the Factory Butte was so disappointing that I lost my appetite for the breakfast. Also I was feeling so bad because I dragged my friend to this place.

Well, certainly my two eyes got all wide open with a big smile, lamenting.. "Why the hell did we have to go to Hanksville for the gas?!"

The beautiful clouds, I don't know how they all came here within such a small time frame! There was none only a few hours ago. We started setting up the tripods and started shooting before the clouds all disappeared. Also the light was getting harsher.

I did a few rounds of panoramic shots, which I will stitch them together later, but here is one image I am presenting. Hey, there was no time to get to the butte closer. Just Shoot! HERE!

Apr 10, 2014 at 12:00 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · "Isn't it YOUR Factory Butte?"

Love it. And I was there 2 day ago and never got my camera out after driving all the way around it.

You must have driven out that road on the west side the only one we did not try. I am going to update my post because I learned a lot about the roads, but not enough it seems.

Apr 10, 2014 at 01:21 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · "Isn't it YOUR Factory Butte?"

ben egbert wrote:
Love it. And I was there 2 day ago and never got my camera out after driving all the way around it.

You must have driven out that road on the west side the only one we did not try. I am going to update my post because I learned a lot about the roads, but not enough it seems.

Thanks Ben.

I am glad that you had a chance to visit the Capitol Reef already. Time pasts fast.

This shot was taken in the east side of the Butte. As we drove to Caineville from Hanksville, we turned into the road immediately after we saw something was happening in the sky. The previous evening, we tried the west side of the butte. I read your updates and they will help me greatly if and when I visit the place again, planning December as of now.

With all the best,

Kee

Apr 10, 2014 at 03:48 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · "Isn't it YOUR Factory Butte?"

Kee Woo Rhee wrote:
Thanks Ben.

I am glad that you had a chance to visit the Capitol Reef already. Time pasts fast.

This shot was taken in the east side of the Butte. As we drove to Caineville from Hanksville, we turned into the road immediately after we saw something was happening in the sky. The previous evening, we tried the west side of the butte. I read your updates and they will help me greatly if and when I visit the place again, planning December as of now.

With all the best,

Kee

I have not been to teh west side. Am I correct that its that road marked swing arm park? How far north can you get? It looks like sunset needs to be a bit north and west of the butte.

But this is the second really nive non golden hour shot I haver seen from here. No matter, when I was there the east side was in shadow so that would not have worked anyway. We simply drove back to Torrey and was at the Castle area for sunset and got some nive shots there.

Apr 10, 2014 at 04:23 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · "Isn't it YOUR Factory Butte?"

That's a very nice image, Kee. And there is always time to get closer and find new angles. Just do it. I see nothing stopping you.

Apr 10, 2014 at 05:29 PM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · "Isn't it YOUR Factory Butte?"

This is very nice image. I do like the cloud above the mountain

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · "Isn't it YOUR Factory Butte?"

Jeffrey wrote:
That's a very nice image, Kee. And there is always time to get closer and find new angles. Just do it. I see nothing stopping you.

Hello Jeffrey,
Thanks for your comments. That morning, my friend and I went to very close to the butte. It took long hours and the terrine was not that smooth. For late morning shots.. we didn't have much time.. Anyway, we finally had some good time there. I am kind that person, "Just do it" type, though!
Kee

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:53 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · "Isn't it YOUR Factory Butte?"

Very nice Kee. You have a knack at photography.

Apr 11, 2014 at 09:11 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · "Isn't it YOUR Factory Butte?"

nicely captured Kee

Apr 12, 2014 at 05:14 AM
Bart Carrig
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · "Isn't it YOUR Factory Butte?"

Well done, Kee. You sure do get around !

bart

Apr 15, 2014 at 09:50 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.