FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Mountain lake, Patagonia

richardfromla
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mountain lake, Patagonia

Lake Capri is in the Los Glaciares National Park, right outside of El Chaltain. We started out at 5 AM in the dark and the first 1/4 mile is literally straight uphill, a real stair master climb. It evens out but is still all uphill after that and takes about 1 1/2 hours to get to the top.

Lake Capri at dawn; Patagonia

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM
roguecoolman
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mountain lake, Patagonia

What a beautiful scene, well worth the "stair master" . Do you have any shots with the tree in focus because it is a little distracting?

Jason

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM
richardfromla
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mountain lake, Patagonia

I'll look but I think that's it. It was my 24-70 and the DOF should have taken care of that. The camera was up really high, at about 6 1/2 ft. and was hard to see, even in Live View. I was being rushed so 12 other people could get into that exact position and take the shot. That's what happens in a group. lol.

Apr 10, 2014 at 12:03 PM
PeaktoPeek
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mountain lake, Patagonia

The tree is slightly OOF, which is a bummer because the rest of the image looks nice. I might try and crop some off the top, just above the clouds over the peak.
Paul

Apr 10, 2014 at 12:27 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mountain lake, Patagonia

Hey Richard,

I think the tree could be sharpened more in post processing, and would urge you to selectively sharpen it. But my biggest suggestion would be to go to a 4:5 format crop and lose almost all of the sky. I think there is just too big of a gap of blue sky before finally some clouds come in at the top. Cropping off right above the mountains in the background would really give the shot better "'visual focus" if you will.

That is a cool tree by the way.

Jim

Apr 10, 2014 at 01:15 PM
richardfromla
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Mountain lake, Patagonia

Thanks, Jim. I'll give it a try.

Apr 10, 2014 at 01:24 PM
ntaylo01

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Mountain lake, Patagonia

Gorgeous tree in the foreground

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:22 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.