Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Early Morning landscape

Bsmooth
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Early Morning landscape

Trying to get a balance of slight glow and detail.What do you think ?

Apr 10, 2014 at 02:21 AM
FarmerJohn
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Early Morning landscape

I think you have enough detail... Not sure about the glow part. I think you need softer light to get the glow...

The front corners seem like there's not much detail. The iron piece on the dock seems interesting but it's not standing out with the tree behind it and the shadow covering it.

Apr 10, 2014 at 05:04 AM
Bsmooth
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Early Morning landscape

The image looks a bit flat too, hmmm, have to work on that as well, maybe lighten up the corners too.Tryin to do this mostly in camera RAW, maybe the glow is too much, thats from Nik's color efex 2.

Apr 10, 2014 at 02:04 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Early Morning landscape

I like it - might try to add a little more pop in foliage and tree trunk?

The leading lines of fence (?) and stream are great - the central portion is perfect for me. Nice in avoiding halos at foliage/sky edges. I think the Midnight and Monday Morning filters are two of my favorites in CPEro - image is perfect for application (assuming one of those is in play).

Wonderful sky! Did I say I like it?

Regards,

Bob

Apr 10, 2014 at 02:24 PM
beavens
• • •
p.1 #5 · Early Morning landscape

I'd really like to see the shadows brought up in the lower section - that's where most of the focus is going to be (as cropped) and I think you can pull out a solid amount of detail.

You also might want to play around with the crop itself. Something similar to what I did below does a good job at bringing the attention to the center of the image, which in my opinion gives the viewer the opportunity to take in the image as a whole.

My two cents!

Cheers,

Jeff

Apr 10, 2014 at 02:29 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password