FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

Sir_Loin
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Non of my Canon boxes have been sealed. And I have bought 10D, 1D2, 1D2N, 1D3, 1Ds3, 1D4, 1DX & 100D.

How is the box sealed?

Lars, mine have all been sealed by a large, clear, circular sticky tab that you would need to cut to open it or it would damage the box. You'd know if the box had been opened previously.

Apr 12, 2014 at 07:05 AM
Sir_Loin
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
yep the 5D3 I bought was in a sealed box as well . Dealer broke the seal for me to have a look at the body before I bought it .
Had I not bought it and my other self was the next guy thru the door I wouldnt think any less of the dealer for giving me a previously opened box

You're more forgiving than I am Ian! I'm a bit anal that way, if I'm buying something new, I like to be the first one to open it knowing no one else has had they're grubby mitts on it.

Apr 12, 2014 at 07:10 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

Lenses are not sealed either. Or do you get sealed Canon lenses? Only the super teles in the huge boxes are sealed

Apr 12, 2014 at 09:41 AM
cgarciajr

[X]
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

Mine didn't come sealed either and mine came from Canon.

Apr 12, 2014 at 09:53 AM
Sir_Loin
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Lenses are not sealed either. Or do you get sealed Canon lenses? Only the super teles in the huge boxes are sealed

The lens boxes aren't sealed, just the cameras.

Apr 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

Sir_Loin wrote:
The lens boxes aren't sealed, just the cameras.

Neither are sealed in Sweden, Netherlands or Thailand. That's where I have bought my lenses & cameras

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:05 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Neither are sealed in Sweden, Netherlands or Thailand. That's where I have bought my lenses & cameras

Same here.

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Sir_Loin
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

All I can think of then is that Canon UK might seal them at the distribution depot? Just a guess.

Apr 12, 2014 at 01:07 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

I've never received a sealed box either. What's up with the serial numbers that banned the OP?

EBH

Apr 12, 2014 at 08:40 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

I suspect it wasn't the post that got him banned. Just guessing.

Apr 12, 2014 at 09:20 PM
fraga
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

Off-topic 1: I've bought new, from Germany, the following cameras: 1DMIIn, 1DMIII, 50D, three 7D, D3s, 5DMIII.
None were sealed.

Off-topic 2: I wonder why he was blocked. Probably has been blocked in the past and this is a new account. The admin or a moderator found out about it (same IP) and took action. Just guessing of course, could be wrong.

On-topic: curious about the serial number as well.

Apr 15, 2014 at 04:26 AM
Aristotle

p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

Hello everyone I am the OP on this thread and I am not sure why it was immediately locked I did update my profile at the same time as I initiated the thread and still trying to find out from Fred what the problem was although all seems fine now.

Thanks for the replies on my initial question and glad the other responders found so much humour in my "sealed box" comment I was speaking figuratively that the camera was not a demo or had been returned to stock within 30 days and still on the shelf. I agree with one reply that only the Big White Lenses come in sealed boxes although the CD's and other accessories are usually sealed in the camera and lens boxes

With respect to the question the official reply from Canon was the Recall does not apply to current serial numbers and I am now the proud owner of a 1Dx and 85L the sixth digit is "1" my dealer checked their inventory for 2014 and they are all 0 or 1. I am still trying to find my way through the menus and get comfortable with the camera but initial impressions I am very impressed my next decision is which telephoto to buy the 200-400 F4 or 500 F4 but thats a question for another thread. Thanks again for all the feedback I have been a long time lurker around here great site and information level is exceptional I hope to get more involved in the future.

Dave

Apr 21, 2014 at 07:45 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

Hi Dave,

Welcome back.

Sorry about the "bad boy" remark.

Apr 21, 2014 at 08:05 PM
Tapeman
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

Glad to see you got things straightened out, and yes this forum is a great source of information.

Apr 21, 2014 at 08:08 PM
Aristotle

p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

No offence taken to any of the comments in fact though it quite comical I am locked out when signed in and no access to the forums, ability to reply or PM Fred I think we could use a moderator or more accessible access when something like this happens.

Dave

Apr 22, 2014 at 08:46 AM
fraga
• • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Canon 1Dx Current Serial Numbers

Welcome back and congratulations on that fine new camera!

Apr 22, 2014 at 09:47 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.