New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Anyone opinions on 13HD Wacom Cintiq

fstopperdown
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone opinions on 13HD Wacom Cintiq

My wife and myself have a handful of portrait sessions coming up.

I was thinking of a 13HD Cintiq to edit the work.

I'm somewhat limited in space, so I envision sitting on the couch doing my work with the device in my lap. With a desktop stashed out of the way.

Is this practical?

Can the Cintiq 13HD double as a monitor?

Would I want it to double as a monitor?

Is it too small to do any serious editing? Like a wedding?

Any opinions appreciated.

Apr 09, 2014 at 03:52 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone opinions on 13HD Wacom Cintiq

fstopperdown wrote:
My wife and myself have a handful of portrait sessions coming up.

I was thinking of a 13HD Cintiq to edit the work.

I'm somewhat limited in space, so I envision sitting on the couch doing my work with the device in my lap. With a desktop stashed out of the way.

1. Is this practical?

2. Can the Cintiq 13HD double as a monitor?

3. Would I want it to double as a monitor?

4. Is it too small to do any serious editing? Like a wedding?

Any opinions appreciated.

1. Define practical. It's useful, that's for sure. But for about the same price you can get that Microsoft convertible laptop with essentially the same digitizer built-in. In fact the laptop is a tad cheaper.

2. I used it as an extended screen. It should be fine as a 2nd monitor. It's a bit small for that tho.

3. For me no… for you I dunno.

4. No. It's about right IMO. The bigger ones are too heavy and bulky. Unless you're going to get one of those freely rotating stands…

Apr 12, 2014 at 03:07 PM
HauntedHat
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone opinions on 13HD Wacom Cintiq

I think it'll fit you just fine, but I can't tell if you have tried using one before for editing. What I'm trying to say is that they're good, but they're only as good as your drawing abilities, so you might want to practice before the big day. Just keep that in mind if you haven't experienced retouching photos with one before.

Apr 12, 2014 at 03:58 PM
Brit-007
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone opinions on 13HD Wacom Cintiq

I have just got back from a painter class. One of the students had the earlier version. She does good painter work anyway but I asked her about it. She was working with a laptop and for her it was great. She was able to work directly on the image and she felt that it was way better than looking at a laptop screen but working from a tablet.

From this I assumed that it is really a personal preference. If it is a full time job as it was for her, I can see where it was very worthwhile. For occasional use then maybe it is more that it is worth. You have to decide on that yourself.

Apr 17, 2014 at 01:48 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.