Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Steve Tinetti, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Couple session in LA /// (very exciting title)

zalmyb
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Couple session in LA /// (very exciting title)

I shot their wedding and they happened to be in town for their one year anniversary so we walked around a shot a bit. I feel it's more stiff than I'd like and for some reason I didn't try many of the things I wanted to. Does that happen to you guys a lot, kind of freeze up doing a shoot?

C&C would be very appreciated

Thanks for looking!!

Apr 09, 2014 at 06:13 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Couple session in LA /// (very exciting title)

May not have been all that you'd hoped for, but I like it.

Apr 09, 2014 at 06:33 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Couple session in LA /// (very exciting title)

zmoney,

overall, i like the set. it seems that a few are out of focus...and while i'm not a sharpness whore, it is a bit distracting in this set. i know you are using manual focus film cameras, but is there a chance your lenses are off?

Apr 09, 2014 at 06:38 PM
zalmyb
• • •
p.1 #4 · Couple session in LA /// (very exciting title)

Thanks guys.

Chuck, the only ones that are off are 6 and 16 (the evil 6's!!). I think I was just being sloppy. I don't mind 16 (nothing is really in focus), but 6 really bothers me. That shot would have been my favorite I think.

I recently had the camera cla'd so I don't think anything is off (and I've shot A LOT with it and most is on).

Apr 09, 2014 at 06:42 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Couple session in LA /// (very exciting title)

I think the sharpness (or lack of it) is more apparent in 20 than it is in 6. Good stuff though. Besides, sharpness is overrated.

I find it interesting that you chose to shoot square for this. I would have trouble shooting square for an entire set. I actually got rid of my 6x6 camera because it's not a format I use very often. You certainly made it your own here.

Apr 10, 2014 at 01:12 PM
McGrattan
• • •
p.1 #6 · Couple session in LA /// (very exciting title)

I love square format, especially with the subject close to the middle of the frame so I am naturally drawn to these photos. Your subjects and composition create lots of visual interest as well. I will echo the sentiment that sharpness is over-rated and but one of a hundred factors in a successful capture.

Apr 10, 2014 at 02:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Couple session in LA /// (very exciting title)

zalmyb wrote:
I didn't try many of the things I wanted to.

I know the feeling! I think sometimes we get so wrapped up in going for something different and/or epic that it actually gets gimmicky or predictable. There's a lot to be said for capturing your clients just being into each other (which is what I think you did pretty nicely).

Apr 10, 2014 at 04:21 PM
Prettym1k3
• • •
p.1 #8 · Couple session in LA /// (very exciting title)

I love it, man. You really step outside of the box, and it's inspiring.

Apr 10, 2014 at 08:14 PM
Ziffl3
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Couple session in LA /// (very exciting title)

Zalmyb....

I like these. Only #4 that bother because of the placement of focus. Mainly the upper right really draws my attention.

Even in the square mode, I would love to see the subject moved around the frame.
There is a good feel to these images.

Interesting, in a very good way, work for sure....

-Mark

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM
zalmyb
• • •
p.1 #10 · Couple session in LA /// (very exciting title)

Alan, good point, but I don;t mind it there I've been shooting square for some time now, and I really love it.

Thanks McGrattan, I do with they were more in focus though, live and learn.

Thanks Mitch and Michael!

Mark, totally, I think I planned on getting rid of that one, but forgot to actually do it.

Apr 13, 2014 at 07:59 AM
bluerose311

p.1 #11 · Couple session in LA /// (very exciting title)

I like the first few ALOT. They look very natural. I know what you mean about freezing up or forgetting ideas you wanted to try during a shoot. I find that it has a lot to do with how well you vibe with your clients. Some clients I am so relaxed around and never freeze up. When my clients are super nervous and awkward I spend most of my energy trying to get them to relax and will often forget other things i had in mind. I am working on this, I think it just takes time (I hope)

Apr 13, 2014 at 05:04 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password