Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Wow...

Jeff Napier
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Wow...

Congrats to you Carl, great to see some fantastic things happening for you. Well deserved.

Apr 11, 2014 at 03:51 PM
JusLookN
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Wow...

Congrats Carl! You are very deserving of it! Good Luck!

Apr 11, 2014 at 06:14 PM
gschlact
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Wow...

Carl,
Way to be in the right place at right time And have the goods too. Best of luck. Keep us up to date.

Guy

Apr 11, 2014 at 06:22 PM
lhryshko
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Wow...

Congratulations! Nice to hear this great news after the tougher times you've been having recently.

Apr 11, 2014 at 08:40 PM
Carl Auer
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Wow...

Thanks everyone.
With add blockers, I do not know the answer to that. Everything seems to be working the way it should. I had a meeting with the editor and another assistant editor from the paper today to talk about the photo side. I was officially given control of it today and over the next week I will be coming up with a basic set up on how it should work, how we would recruit photographers, and a training session to get them up to speed on the way we do things. This would provide content. While it will be technically spec, for every article that uses a photo, that photographer will get a percentage of the revenue earned. So like writers, if a article goes viral, that could end up being really good for the photographers. What is nice is there are articles that have gone viral up to two years ago and are still generating revenue. We may also open it up to other media outlets and treat it as a wire too giving photographers more options to make money. I am excited to be heading this, and I am a little overwhelmed. Emotions have been all over the board for me lately, this just feels real good. I will keep you all posted.

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:02 PM
knight13
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Wow...

Congratulations Carl.

Sounds like a great job, have fun!!

Apr 15, 2014 at 08:34 AM
werds
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Wow...

So cool and so inspiring! Man takes some serious willpower and dedication to stay in any one corner for 10 years let alone any one corner of the internet for 10 years! Congratulations and as a new user here at FM thanks!

Apr 15, 2014 at 06:55 PM
dartheyeball
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Wow...

Congrats!!!

Apr 20, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Jon Uhler
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Wow...

Congratz@ As usual those that hustle and put the work in create opportunities.....

Apr 28, 2014 at 09:36 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.